• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

is anyone running a 351w without a body lift?

Bronco_69

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Monette Ar
i really did not want a body lift but i have NO room. the engine is in but the drivers side valve cover almost hit the brake master cylinder and it does hit the wiring and throttle set up. i am hoping a 1" body lift will get me by but i have my doubts. i have a bubble hood so it clears the cobra intake and throttle body :)

if you have a 351w how much body lift do you have?

OsideDave

I have a carbed 351W w/ no body lift. Had stock hood for years like this, rubbed a little on air cleaner. Not hitting firewall or master cylinder either, I think loosening trans mounts and motor mounts and trying to move forward a little should help.

OP
OP
B

Bronco_69

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Monette Ar
we are neighbors for sure. I live out in the country on hwy 22 a few miles out of flora.

i will be ordering a lift tomorrow ;D

Broncobowsher

Total hack
351W, trick flow heads (raised valve cover flanges), no body lift.
Tight but clears. Only firewall issues I had were when the engine was hanging before the trans crossmember was installed. When the trans went up to the proper height the engine rolled forward and I got firewall clearance. Original throttle linkage required a little clearancing to work (bend into a curve) and was later converted to cable.

JWMcCrary

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I had to add 1" body lift but I think it would have cleared with stock motor mounts, I used the extreme motor mounts which make the motor sit a little higher. I also had to ditch the stock throttle linkage, I used the linkage from BC Broncos. I now have 2" of body lift and it sure makes it easier to work on things.

Dan74Bronc

Loc.
Chandler, Az
I've got a carbed 351, ran no body lift for years. Everything fit under the stock hood but was tight. Finally I got a WH 1" bl.

broncomitch

Bronco Guru
Loc.
west jordan, utah
my 71 has a 351w with no body lift. did half to cut a hole in the hood and the distributer is really close to the hood, not sure about the throttle set up cus it has a cable on it.

wildbill

Old Bronco Guy
%) %) %) Running a 351W with no body lift its tight but nothing hitting. If you are running the tall valve covers you mite try cast bronco scrip typ I just put a set on mine a coule mo. ago Good luck and have fun.%) %) %) Bill :cool: ;D %)

trailbound

what engine mounts are you running? stock or extreme? extreme motor mounts will add up to 1" of height!