• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Is it a throttle kicker?

jhunte17

Loc.
Franklin, TN
I have a stock 1974 bronco with stock 2 barrel. It has an electronic solenoid instead of a dashpot. No AC on this baby and I'm guessing there never has been. Is it a throttle kicker for something else or an anti-dieseling component? Any other ideas? I have a ford shop manual and it says squat about what it's for and how to adjust it.

wildbill

Old Bronco Guy
;D ;D ;D I have had a couple of them I just take them off and put on the shelf then you dont need to worry about it and they will run just fine good luck.;D ;D ;D Bill :cool: %) :p

OP
OP
jhunte17

jhunte17

Loc.
Franklin, TN
Been doing a little more research and I think it is used to adjust the idle with. When I took it off, it was adjusted too far out to be effective for anything and might as well have been on a shelf somewhere. The engine ran pretty good. Thanks for the reply.

broncoman1972

Bronco Guru
If your truck isn't equiped with a hand throttle control, you can use these to up the idle for winching. Been there, done that..;)

72Sport

Bronco Guru
It also works well to kick the idle up when your AC or on board air compressor kicks on.

Skuzzlebutt

PhD, Dr. of Broncology
Loc.
Honeymoon Bay
It is an anti-dieseling device, and the idle adjustment. If I had one I probably wouldn't need to be paying for premium gas.

OP
OP
jhunte17

jhunte17

Loc.
Franklin, TN
Skuzzlebutt said:
It is an anti-dieseling device, and the idle adjustment. If I had one I probably wouldn't need to be paying for premium gas.

I think Wild Bill may have a couple extra laying around he would part with.