• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Is someone trying to steal my rig?

Betty77

Loc.
Delray Beach Florida
Only one problem, you get someone stealing your rig and they get scared and floor it....grenades the front end or the t-case...:mad: I think razor wire wrapped around the drive shaft and then thru the cab and over the inside wiper setup. As they drive away, the wire spools up and chokes them to death..
Bwaaaahhhaaahhaahhaaa;)

Man that is some funny stuff....i would love to do that to someone who tried to steal one....great visual...

G's Baja Bronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Sunny SO CAL
As I am in the middle of a frame off restore, I am contemplating engraving every major part on the Bronco, I was told a story of how some one did this and took pictures off each engraving/part. his truck was stolen and was able to find some of the parts at a swap meet and call the police. the truck was a Chebby, meaning a lot more chance of chopping and selling.

I am considering a battery cut off switch, alarm (with fuel cut off), club, a chain/lock on the hood. maybe device a way to lock the shifter into park with a pad lock. most of the time I park in my house, where my dogs and alarm will suffice, some times I park at work (security guard). Once in a while I drive to Tijuana Mexico, then I do not stay away from it for a second, it is always on eye view.

I guess all this items intended to make it less desirable, due to time for the thief, and will eliminate joy riders, but ultimately insurance will be required, in case some one tows it (happened to my sister's expedition) or pulls a gun on you.

Revelation

Bronco Guru
Every major part of my Bronco is marked in some way, pics taken, good thing is you can look it over and not see any of them. Well unless Bax is with you.

G's Baja Bronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Sunny SO CAL
I am doing it already, the only fear I have that if god forbid the EB got stolen, and I was to find some of the parts for sale on or another bronco, some one is getting hurt.

I will go medieval on that so called rapist...:cool:

specially if I have my 2 sons, nephew and Brother with me (usually the case) which people call my body guards, cause they are bigger than me (I am meaner). ;D

JohnJohn

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Richmond
Keep in mind that there are a few bronco nuts out there that will steal a bronco rather than buy. Mine was stolen a few weeks before I bought it by a guy who loved broncos and was not afrade to take one.
We got it back but that is another story.

broncotime

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Grapevine, Texas
I saw a writeup of putting a magnetically controlled cutoff switch behind the dash. To start the vehicle you needed to stick a magnet to the right spot on the front side of the dash and then turn the ignition as normal. Nothing is going to stop someone completely, you're really just trying to slow them down.

Best solutions are really an enclosed garage and a good insurance policy!