• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Is there a "wiring for dummies" book out there?

Banjer Picker

Bronco Guru
Is there any kind of books that cover the "how to's" of simple wiring. I would like to wire up some interior lights, a horn and simple acessories myself, but have no real experience. Infact schematics kind of intimidate me right now.

lonesouth

Contributor
Bronco Guru
You are on the official xxxx - for Dummy's website. Just ask and you will get at least two oppinions on how to set something up.

Dave

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Radio Shack used to have a series of booklets on different electronics topics. I think they were called "Engineers Notebooks" They had some that covered the basics of volts, amps, power, using meters, ohms law, wire size, soldering, wiring diagram symbols, connectors, basic circuits, etc.

My high school (centries ago) had a class called "Basic Electricity" We learned all those skill and did several projects. I'm sure that all of the vocational classes have been dumped for more a "relevent" cirriculum.

brian72

Early Bronco Student
Brandon - I re-wired my whole truck and can probably help. Seems like we are going to spend lots of time on your truck and mine coming up....

I want to do some interior wiring for lights, too....

goneballistic

Loc.
Washington, MO
you can go to your nearest Auto repair place, and they should have the wiring drawings on there computer. If the guy isnt a jerk he will print you some out. If you want to change all of your wiring and make it simple, check out the new Painless Wiring they have out for the early Broncos. Has everything you need plus extra. Not for surw how much it cost, but if I ever want to change it, Ill be buying this.

TOFIC

Bronco Wrencher and Fixer
Loc.
Redcliff Alberta
Is there any kind of books that cover the "how to's" of simple wiring. I would like to wire up some interior lights, a horn and simple acessories myself, but have no real experience. Infact schematics kind of intimidate me right now.

Get one of the earliest chilton hard cover manuals It has one of the basic wiring diagrams in it and is the easiest explanation of Bronco wiring I have seen.
TOFIC

OP
OP
Banjer Picker

Banjer Picker

Bronco Guru
Thanks

Thanks for the input gang!

Hey Brian! YOu must be out shootin' a pig today. Give me a shout when you get back. We'll hook up soon and get some wrenching done! We should call up the nubie in Tampa you talked to as well.

A buddy of mine is talking about tooling around on afew trails tomorrow maybe.