• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Is this a scam

daveweil1

Loc.
Savannah
I received an email this morning from a Mr Gerald Blas of the United Kingdom, saying he had my very rare Bronco 5 speed transmission. He wanted $500 for it.

Me: What year bronco was it removed from?
Scammer: a 66-77
Me: It was removed from all of them?
Scammer: No. I do not know year of vehicle but is the part you want.
Me: Can you send me photos to verify?
Scammer: Do not have photos.
Me: Take one, please.

No respons since then.

Jonboy69

I too also received an email this morning from good old Gerald Blas letting me know that he has the complete power steering setup that I have been looking for. I believe he is in london too.

Dave

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I filed a Internet fraud complaint with Scotland Yard. "Kinda like wetting yourself while wearing dark pants. Nobody notices but it gives you a warm feeling." (good ole Charlie Brown)

I googled the address and it looks like there are some good taverns next door. Not a bad way to check out an address. Actually kinda scarry. I know the complaint is a waste of time and the address is only used for the transaction but if they really wanted to catch the guy it should be pretty easy to do it through a Western Union alert.

I think I'll call the police department and tell them "Hi this is Cleatus Porkhumper, do I have any messages?"

Last edited:

1owner66

Loc.
Georgetown Texas
This is great stuff. LMAO. Keep'em going. Hell, do like they do and reverse it on them. Tell them you will have your shipper come by to pick it up and the shipper will give them a cashiers check for $5000 and would they send the remaining balance (minus 10% for his troubles of course) to you via Western Union. ROFLMAO!