• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Is this the 40th Anniversary?????

ricks77eb

Loc.
Deer Park, Texas
OK, here is some wierd food for thought.

I am wearing my 40th Anniversary Bronco t-shirt today and someone (not a Bronco person) asks me why would I think that this is the 40th Anniversary of the Bronco, they quit making them 10 years ago so it is really the 10th Anniversary of when they stopped making them.

I tell him its been 40 years since they started making the first ones in 1966.

He says when you get divorced you do not continue counting the number of years since you married to your X-wife you start counting the number of years you have been divorced.

After mulling that over for a minute I told him I had never thought of it that way and that I was going to celebrate some kind of Anniversay reguardless

Rick

Mherriford

Loc.
Oregon City, OR
The bronco is much more than some ex wife, I tend to think of the big bronco of 96 of more of a step brother to the bronco than a bronco itself I think the 40th is still the 40th regardless of what some non bronco folk think

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
look at it this way also, this year has been 30 years since they built the bronco!

as far as i'm concerned, ford didn't build a bronco after 1977...

clarrance

Bronco Guru
look at it this way also, this year has been 30 years since they built the bronco!

as far as i'm concerned, ford didn't build a bronco after 1977...

I think Ford stopped making anything worthwhile after 1979. Cars Trucks and Broncos. Sorry I just had to say it. :( I will say that in the last couple of years they have made great improvments to their vehicles. Shelbys, Powerstrokes, etc.

Scoop

Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
OK, here is some wierd food for thought.

I am wearing my 40th Anniversary Bronco t-shirt today and someone (not a Bronco person) asks me why would I think that this is the 40th Anniversary of the Bronco, they quit making them 10 years ago so it is really the 10th Anniversary of when they stopped making them.

I tell him its been 40 years since they started making the first ones in 1966.

He says when you get divorced you do not continue counting the number of years since you married to your X-wife you start counting the number of years you have been divorced.

After mulling that over for a minute I told him I had never thought of it that way and that I was going to celebrate some kind of Anniversay reguardless

Rick
Most anniversaries are the celebrations of joyous occasions. The "birth" of the Bronco is more joyous than it's end of production. Thus we celebrated the 40th counting from the original production model year. Obviously for your friend, his first wife was a bitch and his divorce was much more joyous than his getting married . . . nuff said.

rednck21

funny you should bring this up because i wore a 40th shirt today;D

i agree with Mark Troy...

bax

Contributor
Old Member
funny you should bring this up because i wore a 40th shirt today;D

i agree with Mark Troy...

Me too. It is kinda like a birthday, more so than an anniversary.
Happy Birthday!!!!

Bax

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA

I would have told him that although the Bronco is no longer made, I can still drive one. But when you get divorced you can no longer ride your wife. Makes sense to me.........

OP
OP
ricks77eb

ricks77eb

Loc.
Deer Park, Texas
Most anniversaries are the celebrations of joyous occasions. The "birth" of the Bronco is more joyous than it's end of production. Thus we celebrated the 40th counting from the original production model year. Obviously for your friend, his first wife was a bitch and his divorce was much more joyous than his getting married . . . nuff said.

Now that's funny right there, I don't care who you are.

1 old 67

Loc.
L.A.
:cool: just tell him not to get mad cause he aint got one and go home in his honda;D ;D ;D

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
i just consider big broncos SUV's, that's all. early broncos are BRONCOS!

i'd still come work on yours though casey.;)