• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on. - Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

TX Is this to good to be true

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
I

Idaho_Marine

I thought it was weird so i sent the guy a email back. Have not heard yet but the email that he sent me said $2900.

Revelation

Bronco Guru
Bet you get the "It is with the shipping company"and the "Ebay buyer protection plan, routine, Any EB that looks that good for under $10,000 raises a huge red flag. I would say to good to be true.
(did a search for the name of the album the pictures are in, comes back to THIS If that is him he is in Malaysia so RUN!
gsfD5BGEKGrHqUOKo4EyjC0PqmBMzYvGTJi_4.jpg

Last edited:

tad

Loc.
Houston
Yep. This is a scam...saw this bronco somewhere else, and I can assure you that there are NO mountains in Houston as in one of the photos.

OP
OP
I

Idaho_Marine

Thanks guys. I emailed the guy back and nothing yet. I thought it was a little off. I will let you know if he sends something back.

BAD ROD

I see overspray, that is not original paint. At that price, it must be a scam.

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
I'd say its been restored at some point or pieced together. Ranger chrome is missing as are the stripes although I believe they would be deleted when rocker mouldings are ordered. No Ranger emblem on the glove box, no bumperettes, grill letters missing red inserts, dashpad is not Ranger either. Not sure about the radiator overflow bottle either but I'm pretty sure it should be on the pass side.
Lots of flags for some of us but it looks pretty good even so and wouldnt be a bad first bronco. but I wouldnt buy it unless I could see it in person.

ssrhythm

I've seen this same bronco somewhere else also, and it was not listed for 2900. Damn a scam!

OP
OP
I

Idaho_Marine

This is what this guy sent back to me.

Last month I’ve opened a “Wendy’s " franchise in Canada were I will be staying until February This financial crisis is killing me, so I’m, forced to sell some of my goods to keep my business running.
I had an interested buyer last week who said he will buy the car if I fly back to Texas to ship it, so I got a plane ticket to Texas, and when I arrived there, he didn't show up and when I called him he said that he is sorry but he can’t buy it anymore because his loan was rejected by the bank! Now I don't want to buy another plane ticket until I have a proof that you are serious and that you have the money for the car.

So this is what I suggest, this is the safest way for the both of us.
You must go to Money Gram or Western Union with a relative or a friend, (someone you trust).
Here comes the best part: your relative will send the money to your name in Houston,Tx.
This way you will have total control of your money, since you are the Receiver you are the only one that can pick them up!
And I will be 100 % sure that you are a serious buyer and that you will be in Houston, because once the money is sent to you, you have to be in Houston,Tx. to pick them up. Once you show me a photo or a scan copy of the receipt from Money Gram/Western Union in the amount of $2900, I will fly back home to meet you and make the deal in person. After you inspect the car and decide to buy it, I will sign the title and handle it to you, and then you will pick up the money from Money Gram/Western Union and pay me cash in hand.
Or, if you are busy or for some reason won’t be able to pick up the car from my place, then I can ship the car to your address and you can pay me after you receive and inspect it in person. I will pay the shipping fee and you pay the Money Gram/Western Union fee.
If you understand and agree with my terms please reply with:"LET'S DO IT":)

PLEASE LET ME KNOW YOUR PHONE NUMBER AND I WILL CALL YOU TO DISCUSS ABOUT THE DEAL!

I think he full of it.

akafrankcastle

Loc.
Kansas City
I love messing with these guys who scam.

"The truck is in Houston..."
Really? I'm in Houston too! Where is the truck currently? I'd like to come look at it!

"I'm in Afghanistan."
No way! My brother is over there right now. What firebase are you at?

Damn shame. Would have been a very nice score for the coin, were it real.

Status
Not open for further replies.