• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Issues with hydroboost and coyote?

rye1678

We are knee deep in our coyote build, and called BC to order some more parts. When I told them that I was going to use wilwood moab hydroboost , they stated that there are issues using hydroboost with the coyote. Anyone know what this is all about? They stated something about the engine shutting off... thanks

rustbucket

Bronco Guru
Following. I’m not an expert on Hydroboost, but doesn’t it just plumb into the PS system? That being said, BC has done a lot of work with Coyote engines, so I would trust them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

lbrendis

I have been running hydroboost on mine and have never had a issue. I have the explorer p/s pump, disc front,drums rear. It stops great! 1 1/8 bore MC. 8000 miles since swap daily driver.

Jamie Chriss

There are allot of Coyotes out there running HB. I have the BC Coyote Serp kit there power steering pump is small. How do you up grade to the Explorer pump since their kit is made for their pump? Keep us updated, mine is still in the box.

OP
OP
R

rye1678

I called BC again today, and they stated that you can do hydroboost, it’s just that performance of the coyote won’t be as good. Issues can be:
1. Flooring the gas could cause steering to go out of whack and make you veer
2. Slamming on the brakes could cause engine to shut off
Anyone have issues such as these? I spoke to Kat and she said Jason isn’t using hydroboost on their builds because of these reasons.

rustbucket

Bronco Guru
The only thing I can think of is that the pump is providing an additional load that cannot be compensated with by the ecu. What does the Mustang and F series typically use for pier steering and brakes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Jamie Chriss

Allot of the better builders are using the MOAB hydro boost, what are they doing differently? There is an answer out there. I have the MOAB in a box, waiting for my tub, I am at the stage where I need to make the decision.

jasonmcc

Loc.
Nola -> Utah
Has anyone called one of the other big builder companies and asked them if they see the same issues? If someone gets an answer to the HB possible issues please post back.

Neurosidafex

Coyote & Hydroboost Setup

Has there been any resolution to the potential issues with the Coyote and MOAB Hydroboost setup? Any issues or tips to prevent problems?

EPB72

Contributor
Loc.
Pleasant Hill, CA
Just a thought is there a PS pressure switch in the system .usually there is a bump in idle speed with a high pressure input .which also brings up that a lot of these swaps from a F150 have electric power steering ,so if adding the ps and/or hydroboost load with out the ecu being able to compensate..just a thought..

Neurosidafex

Seems there still some unknowns. I’m going to purchase the MOAB hydroboost setup Monday and install on my 73 with Coyote. I’ll let you know how it goes.

Jamie Chriss

I believe it is the Ford Factory CPU, if you use PBH computer I am told you won't have an issue. Like you said there are allot of builders using the MOAB. I am in about the same place you are. Worst case you can send your computer to PBH I think they can fix it? Please keep us updated and I will do the same.. As for the pump, if you used the BC serp kit the larger pump wasn't an option...

tripleJs15

I believe it is the Ford Factory CPU, if you use PBH computer I am told you won't have an issue. Like you said there are allot of builders using the MOAB. I am in about the same place you are. Worst case you can send your computer to PBH I think they can fix it? Please keep us updated and I will do the same.. As for the pump, if you used the BC serp kit the larger pump wasn't an option...

I agree - could be solved with a adjustment to compensate while under load.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk