• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Its a Sickness When Even Your Dogs Own a Bronco

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
Alright, well I have a spare tub on my sideyard to store my parts in and my Bulldogs decided to make it their own. I need to put my spare windshield frame it to give a little more cover but I'll tell you, they love it. I have a 6 by 8 shed next to it that is just for them with a heater and everything but they continue to rip the door open so that they can sleep in the Bronco. They pulverized the seats in it but thats okay they were from a Jetta. Anyways, thought I would share since I got a good pic of them.
FYI they are English Bulldogs, the White and Fawn is Ferris and the Brindle is Daisy, they are a happy couple.

Attachments

• dogs1.jpg
    dogs1.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 141
  • dogs2.jpg
    dogs2.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 226
  • dogs3.jpg
    dogs3.jpg
    224.2 KB · Views: 244
OP
OP
Tito

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
Yeah, I thought Ferris was gonna die a few week ago, I even dug a grave in the back yard, He was losing weight and his eyes were all gunky and grey, thought he was on the downhill route. The wife convinced me to take him in and suck it up, well we didnt find any parasites or anything but she gave him the deworming stuff and some salve for the eyes and here 3 weeks later he is back happy, fat and healthy and looking great. I was really down for a while when I was thinking we were gonna lose him, that'd have really been tough. Anyways, cant wait to get them on the trail with me!!!

1975SPORT

Loc.
Hood River, Oregon
They really do!!! My boxer Diesel is a great buddy, a huge part of the family...even when you would rather he wasnt...like when you wake up at night and he's on your chest (70lbs) or inbetween me and my wife...gotta love'em though.

Broncorm

Loc.
Perkinsville, VT
Here's my golden wait to go for a ride. I had the frontend out for maybe five minute before he needed to come make sure the work was being done properly.

Attachments

• help.jpg
    help.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 92

cootvon

Loc.
Little Rock, AR
1975SPORT said:
They really do!!! My boxer Diesel is a great buddy, a huge part of the family...even when you would rather he wasnt...like when you wake up at night and he's on your chest (70lbs) or inbetween me and my wife...gotta love'em though.

we have a 90lb lab, 60lb boxer, my fiance and me in a queen bed!!! i know what you mean when they lay on your chest. that's my lab's way of saying
"i needs to GO! get your arse outta bed" funny thing is.. he won't lay on you while you are sleeping.. but if you roll over on your back and open your eyes...game over

jeff

RgdL

Loc.
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Those English Bulldogs sure have a lot of personality don't they. Dogs truly are man's best friend. And having them out on the trail is a lot of fun as long as it's with a small group of trucks with drivers you know and trust.

This is my favorite pic of dogs and off-roading. Not an EB (that's still just a future project rig, but my Samurai is just as fun). Rio's the black one (part golden retriever/part sheppard) and Kody is the yellow lab. Trail runs are great exercise for them.;D

1556717-ZukClimb2-3.jpg

deltarat

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Drew,Ms
Dogs have better taste than most people. They are happy to ride with you even if your bronco has not had it's $5000 paint job yet.

Imagator

Loc.
Land O' Lakes, FL
Your bulldog picture made me laugh this morning. I have two, one English and the other is an Oldee English. They love to ride in the truck and lay around the shop. One of them is turning 11 and is still in great shape, he has never had any serious health problems. The other, a five year old had all kinds of problems his first two years but for the past 3 he has been pretty healthy.

Great picture!

astark

Contributor
Bronco God
What can I say %)

Attachments

• dakota%20driving%20bronco2.jpg
    dakota%20driving%20bronco2.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 27
OP
OP
Tito

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
English Bulldogs are awesome, how much are they out west?

Pretty expensive, 850 for the female and 1600 for the male, we had plans of breeding them but our girl Daisy got a real bad infection and had to be fixed. Ferris has yet to launch his load but he is a 3 generation champion, just gotta get him some suitors, might offset the initial cost but regardless if I stud him out or not, they have been great dogs and me and the boys love them to death! They were indoor till we moved into a new house up here in Portland, now they are outdoors. I hope to make a little room for them in the garage once the Bronco piles thin out a little. %) Here is a pic last summer with our son Micah. Daisy is about 8 now but real healthy and Ferris is 4 and healthy once again after his setback.

Attachments

• micahdaisy.jpg
    micahdaisy.jpg
    212.2 KB · Views: 14