• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Its Alive!!

bronconate

Loc.
Edgewater
Ran the new 302 today for the first time. Felt good after all this work, gets exhaust tommorrow and a little more fine tuning with carb and timing. Thanks for everyones help.

chavis77

Loc.
sebring
congrats its a good feeling to turn that key the first time and have no problems

mines going in this weekend it's on the stand painted and ready to go

OP
OP
B

bronconate

Loc.
Edgewater
It was a great feeling alright, cant wait till its all tuned up right and good exhaust on her tommorrow, then itll really sound good. Started getting dark, I have good neighbors and wanna keep it that way, so we had to shut her down, but tommorrow we should be in business for good.

Also wanted to add that it feels extra good, because it was my first time doing it, I put everything together from the crank up, so I was a little worried, but no chatters and no clatters it ran great.

Last edited:

bax

Contributor
Old Member
Whooo Hooo! success is a good thing.

OP
OP
B

bronconate

Loc.
Edgewater
Running true duals , coming out the back corner at an angle behind the bumper. Wanted to do dumps, but I drive it everyday and would like to not hear as much of the rumble in the cab and also keep some smell out. Its a 92 roller motor, bored .30 over. Got a typhoon intake manifold and Holley 600. Its at the exhaust shop right now and I get it back this afternoon to do a little timing work. Mated up to a 3 speed. Have the floor shifter but sticking with the column for now. Just a street driver, not much muddin in this girl. Let me get her back and I will post a couple pics. Thanks everyone again for the help.