• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

it's not a bronco but it's a ford...

cannonnum4

Loc.
Arlington
I have a 1990 ford f-150 with the straight 6 in it. it is lifted 4 inches with 2 inch body lift with 35's. my problem is that when i turn 3 quarters the way to the right or more i loose all brakes... i lowered my brake lines when lifted it and i just got new brake lines. still does it and nothing is getting caught on the steering linkage from the firewall to the gearbox. Anybody have any suggestions?

OP
OP
cannonnum4

cannonnum4

Loc.
Arlington
here's my truck
0613091527.jpg

ryoungbronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Belmar, NJ
Hydroboost will have hoses that come off of it going to power steering box and power steering pump. A vacuum assist will have a hose that goes to the intake manifold. Also the vacuum will have a round "drum" attached to the master brake cylinder.

Steve83

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Memphis, TN, USA, Earth, Milky Way
...i loose all brakes.
Do you mean the pedal drops to the floor & the truck starts rolling freely? Or do you mean the pedal stays, but won't go any farther? Or do you mean the pedal effort becomes so high that it pushes your foot up? Check the vacuum hoses near the steering shaft, and have an assistant turn the wheel slowly while you watch under the hood, & under the truck.

OP
OP
cannonnum4

cannonnum4

Loc.
Arlington
the pedal just drops to the floor and it rolls freely. and it's vacuum. also i have no hoses or anything close enough to the shaft to do anything. sometimes it doesn't happen though. i can be sitting in my driveway and turn it to the right all the way and it just drops. then I'll do it again and sometimes it doesn't drop. everything works like it's supposed to.

Steve83

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Memphis, TN, USA, Earth, Milky Way
Jack up the front wheels & check for wheel bearing slop. The front pads are probably in bad shape, and the caliper slides may be damaged. For more info, click my black Bronco in my signature & read the captions in the Brakes & Hubs album.