• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

i've been taking some razzing for my rim/tire selection

greatguy57078

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Rims maybe....tires are WAY too low profile. I would go with the 31x10.5s or the 32 or 33 x 9.5s if you can find them. You need a taller tire...in my opinion...

Attachments

• green machine.jpg
    green machine.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 443

greatguy57078

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I think the 31x10.5s fit under an uncut stock Bronco. At least a 29 inch tire? Someone else here might know?

OP
OP
T

TonyMontana

Loc.
Central
first time i floored it, back end squatted down and rubbed the tires pretty good.
i asked for some opinions on here but never got much. rolled with it.....

greatguy57078

Contributor
Bronco Guru
The rear sits a bit low. If the springs are old and worn that could be part of the problem. The newer more modern springs are an improvement over stock and a nice upgrade. I think it would look much better with at least 30 x 9.5s.

greatguy57078

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Exactly what size are this tires you have on there? I am just curious if something taller would be in that same price range?

OP
OP
T

TonyMontana

Loc.
Central
205 x 60

looking at the James Duff recs for tires, 195 was supposedly the biggest you could go on 8 inch rims. for an uncut without doing anything.

burntfish

Loc.
ouray, co
I have a set of those rims in the back of my garage somone gave me. I couldn't sell those things and now I see why. You need some bigger tire for sure.

greatguy57078

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I have a set of those rims in the back of my garage somone gave me. I couldn't sell those things and now I see why. You need some bigger tire for sure.

You can give me those rims. I don't think the rims look bad it's the tires that make it look goofy.:p