• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

i've been taking some razzing for my rim/tire selection

lonesouth

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I got smacked for asking about some 20"( course I did it too start sh*t 8 )

I'm gonna trade my bronco for a jeep.

ProformanceWheels_31.jpg

Or Maybe some 20x14 with 36 Mickey Tompson 36x15.50

DSCN1094.jpg

MR-CYN

Loc.
NH
Tony will be feasting for months with all the fish he caught in this thread.

OP
OP
T

TonyMontana

Loc.
Central
hmm...so your gonna cut the fenders? so you can rock that tire/wheel combo???...talk about stupid.

no, it's to get away from having to deal with those fenders, thus changing the tires out. As I said before, lot of folks realized it just isn't practical and did such.

I'm not here to troll, and kind of figured this would be responses i would get, doesn't hurt my feelings. even a couple of family members don't like the tire size either, lol.

It wasn't my original plan to put these small of tires on it. Just seemed to be the only thing i could do without cutting the fenders or doing a lift.

my original intention was too make it sporty, which is mostly opposed to the "stock bronco" that most have. i define a stocker as one that's usually lifted 2 inches, has cut fenders, 5 hole rims, and 31" tires. I'm fine with that look, just didn't want it for mine.

i'm probably going to try and resell the tires, but if i can't i'm going to continue to work on the truck. in the end they will eventually be replaced. i will keep the rims on it regardless.

lonesouth

Contributor
Bronco Guru
i'm probably going to try and resell the tires, but if i can't i'm going to continue to work on the truck. in the end they will eventually be replaced. i will keep the rims on it regardless.

nomenclature:

Stock/uncut = what you have
cut or modified is what most have.

you're best bet to keep your look is to get some wheels with more backspacing to bring the edge of the tire under the lip of the wheel well. A thinner tire would also help.

OP
OP
T

TonyMontana

Loc.
Central
nomenclature:

Stock/uncut = what you have
cut or modified is what most have.

you're best bet to keep your look is to get some wheels with more backspacing to bring the edge of the tire under the lip of the wheel well. A thinner tire would also help.[/QUOTE

i have around a 3.7 on it now. from what i read, it was necessary to have around that much to avoid other problems.

asinor

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tulsa, OK
It wasn't my original plan to put these small of tires on it. Just seemed to be the only thing i could do without cutting the fenders or doing a lift.

my original intention was too make it sporty, which is mostly opposed to the "stock bronco" that most have. i define a stocker as one that's usually lifted 2 inches, has cut fenders, 5 hole rims, and 31" tires. I'm fine with that look, just didn't want it for mine.

What do you mean by "sporty"?
Stock Bronco is unlifted, uncut, narrow wheels and smallish tires:
74bronco.JPG

You could easily fit taller skinny tires on those rims and have them tucked up.

If you want a lower stance, look for the thread about lowering a Bronco. It can be done tastefully. The rear might require some innerfender work and shock relocation. Here you go: http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93441&highlight=lowering

attachment.php

Last edited:

MR-CYN

Loc.
NH
I wonder how many clowns jump out of that thing when it pulls into the parking lot? ^^^

707Bronk

I kindof like the pic of the lowered one posted by asinor.

I've always wanted to get a 2nd bronco for a town cruizer, grocery getter. Something dedicated to street maybe with a supercharged V6. I basically have a town cruizer right now, but hopefully not for long.