• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

i've been taking some razzing for my rim/tire selection

lonesouth

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Ditto on the backspacing. Go with a lower backspacing on something like an 18" wheel with low pro tires, and I think you'll get the look you want. You'll need the larger wheels to clear the tie rod up front. Be sure to adjust your steering stops or you will eat the tires quickly.

Timmy390

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Conway, AR
DUDE....I'm pulling your Bronco card......you have been sent off.......You broke the broncode.....

Tim

Apogee

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I think we know who's getting booted off the island.

Not a good look for an EB IMHO...reminds me of the 58-64 Impala's with the dinky little 14" rims and even tinier tires stretched over them, some hydraulics, and some big subwoofers. I gotta say it can almost work on an urban Impala, but I'm not feeling it here.

I would have to think that some bigger rubber would be a good thing both from an aesthetic and performance perspective. What's your top speed with such a small tire?

BUCKNBRONK

Loc.
fresno
this has to be a joke- come on. where u from East L.A. or what? with those hoopty rims and low pro tires it really makes it ghetto.

lonesouth

Contributor
Bronco Guru
how come we can be supportive of a low rider bronco, but not a donko? At least it is in good shape, better than being crushed, right?

Revelation

Bronco Guru
how come we can be supportive of a low rider bronco, but not a donko? At least it is in good shape, better than being crushed, right?

a "Donko" Bronco would be riding on at least 28's,
Or
2mpwx6s.jpg

Still Ugly in my book, Old school, sidewall flex is how a Bronco should be.

patterdale

Bronco Guru
It's just so disproportionate. If you are going to pull off the look the rims got to be even bigger or the rubber has to grow.

OP
OP
T

TonyMontana

Loc.
Central
good one Revelation. ;D

i feel like Rodney King at the bottom of the pile, anyone else want a shot while we're at it?

"Caretaker: Oh I ain't saying you did or you didn't. All I'm saying is that you could have robbed banks, sold dope or stole your grandmother's pension checks and none of us would have minded. But "putting rims like that on a Bronco", man that's un-American"

i guess it's a stock seat..... came with it when i bought it in 99. had the original rims on it, but not the hubcaps. the tires then were 235s, so not that much bigger than these. what are the original stock size tires?

panteramatt

I love those rims. I too am looking for soem black and machined rims for my wifes bronco. But dude, those tires make th ewhole truck look horrible!!! Put some 31's on there and itll look awesome.

KBUCK1

The rims look good. here is a pic of one at the super celebration with those

Attachments

• 021.JPG
    021.JPG
    64.9 KB · Views: 158