• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

i've been taking some razzing for my rim/tire selection

nickeboy

Contributor
Absolutely funniest thread I have read in a while. You just made my night. Thank you.

strider

Loc.
Holland
Yup, not a fan. Wheels could be tolerated, but stealing tires off from a smart car is just wrong.

AZ73

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Sorry man, the wheels look good, but with those tires they look like training wheels before you work your way up to a 5 inch lift.

markperry

Bronco Guru
Go with the stock white rims or get some ground effects and curb fellers

Blue Bastard

Bronco Guru
I like the wheels, in fact, I had them on a jeep I owned. I would get a different size tire for sure.

Kniteopp

Loc.
Kennewick WA
Tony, no offense intended here, but did you really expect a different reaction than what that has received.
I feel for you in that you did something way offbeat because it's what YOU want....but for a better reception maybe a forum that does stuff like that would have been better man.

I don't like it but if you do, then that's your thing. The bronco itself is sure purty though. I do agree with what many said though, a bit more rubber or slam that down even further, just too much space between.

Bundy

Bronco Guru
It's not THAT bad guys... just looks lowered a bit. Maybe because I'm in So Cal and lowriders with the small tires are the norm. I say keep em and tell everyone to eat shit! :eek:

turbotim2

I think it looks AWESOME!!!

...ok not really. You should be getting plenty of opinions now.

Ranchtruck

had the original rims on it, but not the hubcaps. the tires then were 235s, so not that much bigger than these. what are the original stock size tires?

235/75r15's are a 29" diameter tire.
205/60r15's are a 24.7" diameter.

4.3" is a big difference. That's 2" of lost ground clearance at the differentials.
Probably feels peppier though. Tiny tires work like having lower gears in the diff's. Your speedometer will also read way high now.
225/75r15 would have been the stock equivalent size tire.

Just to put your tire in perspective, a Geo Tracker comes with bigger tires stock.

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
good one Revelation. ;D

i feel like Rodney King at the bottom of the pile, anyone else want a shot while we're at it?

"Caretaker: Oh I ain't saying you did or you didn't. All I'm saying is that you could have robbed banks, sold dope or stole your grandmother's pension checks and none of us would have minded. But "putting rims like that on a Bronco", man that's un-American"

i guess it's a stock seat..... came with it when i bought it in 99. had the original rims on it, but not the hubcaps. the tires then were 235s, so not that much bigger than these. what are the original stock size tires?

well at least you do have a sense of humor

MR-CYN

Loc.
NH
If you're not packing at least a pound of mexican sensimilla in the back of that thing when you roll through the barrio it's a crying shame. You should have bought the tire, chain steering wheel and window dingle ball combo...