• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

J##P TJ Rear Seat Install

Desert Thrasher

Bronco Guru
I finished up my jeep TJ Rear seat install last weekend. I modified the stock brackets to work in the Bronco. For the Fronts I welded some 1/4"x1.5" flat bar to the bottom of the brackets so they sit flat on the ribbed bed floor. I also machined some aluminum bushings (you can see them in the pic) because my brackets didnt have bushings and the seat would have just slopped around.
For the rear latching brackets I used 1/4"x1.5" flat bar, 2 pieces 5" long. One sits flat on top of a bed rib and the other is welded upright to it with some bracing for strength. Then I cut the slotted arm off of the stock bracket and bolted them to my new brackets. Works great. Heres some pics.
Now I just need to mount up some seat belts.

Attachments

• Rear Seat001a.JPG
    Rear Seat001a.JPG
    49.2 KB · Views: 193
  • Rear Seat003a.JPG
    Rear Seat003a.JPG
    109.7 KB · Views: 182
  • Rear Seat004a.jpg
    Rear Seat004a.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 167
  • Rear Seat006a.jpg
    Rear Seat006a.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 169
  • Rear Seat007a.jpg
    Rear Seat007a.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 155
  • Rear Seat008a.jpg
    Rear Seat008a.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 151
  • Rear Seat009a.jpg
    Rear Seat009a.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 149
OP
OP
Desert Thrasher

Desert Thrasher

Bronco Guru
Thanks everyone. The seat is out of a TJ, I believe around 1997-2004ish. Jeep changed the seat and brackets around 2005 I think.

rmfreeze

Loc.
Benton, Arkansas
Looks good! It sits back a bit more but I see why with the shock towers. Now you need another hoop for your cage over those riders in the back.

OP
OP
Desert Thrasher

Desert Thrasher

Bronco Guru
Yea with the inner shock towers I had to move it that far back. I cant fit my trail box anymore, but I'm thinking of getting one of the seat covers with all the pockets and storage built in. For the back of the roll cage I was thinking of the rear cage kit from Complete Offroad.