• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

James Duff Stage3 long arm radius bars

Steven Neff

Loc.
Arroyo Grande,Ca
I am currently building a 71 bronco and was leaning towards running the James Duff radius arms with E.B. 5.5 coils and B.C.'s rear 9 leaf pack springs with the B.C.'s spring rockers in rear. Has anybody had any issues with any of these suspension parts? Trying to have good off road capabilities and on road as well. Going to run 36" or 37" tires with 2" body lift.

strokers

I am currently building a 71 bronco and was leaning towards running the James Duff radius arms with E.B. 5.5 coils and B.C.'s rear 9 leaf pack springs with the B.C.'s spring rockers in rear. Has anybody had any issues with any of these suspension parts? Trying to have good off road capabilities and on road as well. Going to run 36" or 37" tires with 2" body lift.

I have all those pieces on my bronco 5.5 SL 2 body duff arms and rockers. The arms give you a lot of front travel. Front drive line becomes limiting factor on front travel. They were are worth the dollars.
I would say that my truck is 3ins too high. It is extremely tippy. Looks good as a street truck but any off camber will ruin your seats from where your butt is trying to hold onto the seat cushion. The first trip thru Rubicon this year made me realise that. I also run a front quick disconnect sway bar that was my first attempt at taming the crazy cornering lean angles.

Do not waste your money on spring rockers. They have no place on a truck that is driven period. If you don't take this advice message me and I'll make you a really good deal on my rockers.

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma

IMO its tall, but that's a look you want and like go for it. But please, please, please do not use the spring rockers, send me a PM if you want to know why.

my77rox

"Please, please, please." lol I agree too! All the rest are good ;D

IMO its tall, but that's a look you want and like go for it. But please, please, please do not use the spring rockers, send me a PM if you want to know why.

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
Lift is a matter of preference and how much your willing to trim. 37's will fit with war flares and 3-1/2" of lift and IMO drive on the street much better and work better on the trail. Of course the more lift the less trimming. I'm a little carried away, no lift with37's but nothing else was left alone either:)

strokers

Suspension lift has very little to do with tire clearance. Location of bump stops has way more to do with it. With my 5.5 SL and 2 in body with war flares almost to body line the tires don't rub the outerbody when at full compression even with the 5.5 coils the track bar riser on passenger and axle on drivers with still hit the frame. They do rub on the right rear front inner fender and the gas filler on drivers side I have the filler hanging there and the tire jams it against the body when the axle is touching the frame. I modded the front inner fenders but I haven't figured out rear yet.

Attachments

• IMG_20150108_194713.jpg
    IMG_20150108_194713.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 47
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 54

01Dudley

Loc.
Knoxville
We have plenty of Long Arms on the shelf. What shocks are you planning on running? Duals or Singles on all corners? You didn't make mention of track bar riser/drop bracket, new steering, extended brake lines etc. Depending on what you need / want we might be better off putting together a monster kit for you. I bet I can get shipping to CA down if you can expect truck freight?

http://www.dufftuff.com/SearchResults.asp?Search=monster&x=0&y=0

OP
OP
S

Steven Neff

Loc.
Arroyo Grande,Ca
I am going to purchase the Duff long arm kit , I am planning on running single fox 2.0 w/res. on all 4 corners, have rock crawler Delphi steering box and going to use either the stone crusher set up or B.C.'s set up for tie's & linkage. going to purchase Duff HD drop bracket to. pm me 01Dudley if you think you can get a good price to me. Thanks