• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

jerry cans..Good,Bad, Ugly

Brianut

Any brands to shy away from?
looking at grabbing one to start building the can carrier portion of my rear bumper soon.

Seen HF has some for $40 and I can use a 20% coupon
HF cans are made in the USA by Midwest Can Co.
must be the only US made thing they carry.;D

Local Army surplus carries Blitz brand for $40

Supposedly the Nato surplus ones are "the best " but they come at a little more money and shipping etc havent found any local.

anyone have any experience with any of these?
Pro's?
Cons?

TIA

br0nc0xrapt0r

Loves pickles
Get the ones with the steel screw in bung. Anything i have ever seen with a plastic lid leaked like a sieve.

knack

Contributor
I picked up some NATO cans last fall off ebay for $50/pair. Shipping wasn't bad. They had the large lids which I don't know if you can find spouts for, but I didn't care because I use a siphon to empty them. I put some red paint on them to hopefully keep the DOT happy.

Attachments

• IMG_0254.jpg
    IMG_0254.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 71

br0nc0xrapt0r

Loves pickles
If you like them you'd be the first I met! I use these almost every day in the field and they are terrible.

br0nc0xrapt0r

Loves pickles
Knack, I think that is a water can. I guess it will still work though.

You sir are incorrect, however I can see how the large spout would throw you off. Note the 3 handles at the top, all fuel jugs have 3 handles. Water jugs have one handle. It has always been this way so you can tell the difference between the two in the dark, that way your canteen doesn't get filled with diesel.

SwedenBronco

Loc.
Gothenburg, Sweden
Look up deutschoptic.com. they got some nice ones

We have those over here, be aware of paint inside them the for the first fifteen years, then the gasket gets so old that they start leaking, but you can get spare gaskets. I still use the ones my dad bought when I was a kid, the NATO ones are stamped with year of manufacture on them, I even have one from -74 that still works.