• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Junkyard Trip for Alt & Fusebox

Apache Bronco

Loc.
Roosevelt, AZ
So yesterday I went to my 2 local wrecking yards to look for a G3 alt and a fusebox with relays to use for accessories.
1st place had only 1 G3 on a 6cyl Mustang, $35. Any fusebox I wanted for $25-35. Most were missing ato fuses (thieves!). No time to pull anything.
2nd place wanted $45 for alt and $55 for fusebox. Didn't have time to even walk through the yard, but at those prices, wouldn't have anyways.
Came home and looked at new fuseboxes. Used ones come wired already, bonus. Worth extra for wiring.

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
They pull all the fuses out of the fuseboxes at the yards here in Phoenix for some reason before they put the cars out. At least that's been my experience in my many years of picking here.

Which yards did you visit?

Phoenix historically has been a gold mine of junkyard parts - in the last decade, the gold has flipped to the other side of the equation as the yard owners think everything they have is gold plated.

Todd Z.