• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Junkyard Trip

Sylar

Loc.
Cleveland, TX
heres some suggestions
tilt steering column from a 78 79 ford pickup
Hydroboost from anything.
rear discs from a Lincoln (77 78).
saginaw pump and brackets from ford pickup or van early to late 70's
electric fan from a taurus wagon.
rear locker center section from a pickup or van (up to an 82)
hood shocks (lift back shocks from a nissan van)
rear gate shocks (i like the honda trunk one for this)
shall I go on?
TOFIC

can this be off a continental, or does it need to be a MK V?

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
can this be off a continental, or does it need to be a MK V?

If you're referring to the rear discs, they need to be off a Mark V. The Continentals had drums in the late 70s.

Todd Z.

oldiron

Bronco Guru
Tell me about the headliner from the chateau van....years, bolt in?
Very interested in this one.
p.s. I've already printed this list up, and have it hanging on the wall in my office.
Thanks
Greg

TOFIC

Bronco Wrencher and Fixer
Loc.
Redcliff Alberta
here other tidbit
just tried the Power steering pump bracket from a 300 six on a six cylinder Bronco
looked with a little work it would fit.
Guys that want a remote FUEL filter use the one from a Toyota forklift.
remote oil filter is nice, got mine from a International truck.

BwoncoHowie

C-4 Wizard
Alternator upgrades ford only, no GM krap.

How about a 1G 100A alternator off a 87-88-89 taurus. Its a bolt on to EB without factory air, or smog pump. You change the pulley of course, unless you are running serpantine. But it uses the stock external regulator for those of you who like to keep the wiring stock. If you want this alt in 200A, pull one off a 88 ford diesel with dual batts.

If you want internally regulated, pull a 3G that fits well on the EB, off of a 94 T-Bird with 3.8 or 94-95 mustang with 5.0. Good for 130A.

OX1

Bronco Guru
How about a 1G 100A alternator off a 87-88-89 taurus. Its a bolt on to EB without factory air, or smog pump. You change the pulley of course, unless you are running serpantine. But it uses the stock external regulator for those of you who like to keep the wiring stock.

86-92 Lincoln MK VII uses this same 100 amp alt.

TOFIC

Bronco Wrencher and Fixer
Loc.
Redcliff Alberta
this is for Pappitt regarding radio
a stock radio from the econoline van is a bolt in fit. I found one and they are the same AM, one speaker gawd awful radio.
the windshield radio antenna is off a Isuzu Trooper took me 2 hours to install it works great.
I have discovered that the Oldsmobile/Cadillac hydroboost unit is a bolt in this is a gen1 unit so if you are like me (bolt in is good) all you do is bolt on the unit and connect it to the bronco pedal.
The crown victoria (95 era) rear rotors are perfect. I had the center turned out and the bronco bolt pattern drilled and they work without axle mods with the Lincoln discs.
more information as I get it
TOFIC

nickgp

Bronco Guru
Great info. Im all excited to go to the junkyard! Too bad the early stuff is long gone around here.