• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Just a quick question about fuel pumps

hollowch

Loc.
Midland, TX
So I'm working on a '95 Crown Vic (Not a bronco... i know) and it's not starting. It's turning over just fine. It's got gas... But no ignition.

I immediately thought the fuel pump might be bad. I found a small nozzle on the passenger side fuel rail. It looks basically just like the nozzles you find on car and bicycle tires. So I pulled the cap off and depressed the needle with a ballpoint pen while my friend cranked the engine. Even while the engine was turning over, there still was no fuel coming out of the nozzle.

Does this indicate a bad fuel pump?

ScanmanSteven

Bronco Guru
You first said it has gas but no ignition but then go on to explain the lack of fuel. But yes, it does sound like the fuel pump is bad. When you first turn the key on you should be able to hear the fuel pump run for a few seconds. You could also disconnect the fuel rail and see if fuel squirts out the line. Use caution with fresh fuel squirting around.

OP
OP
hollowch

hollowch

Loc.
Midland, TX
You first said it has gas but no ignition but then go on to explain the lack of fuel. But yes, it does sound like the fuel pump is bad. When you first turn the key on you should be able to hear the fuel pump run for a few seconds. You could also disconnect the fuel rail and see if fuel squirts out the line. Use caution with fresh fuel squirting around.

I was saying that there was gas in the tank but no gas coming out of the fuel rail nozzle while cranking the engine.