• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Just finished installing the Edelbrock Pro-Flo 4 EFI system

reamer

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Defiantly not a one or two day install and there are other costs, but I do like "turn key" start with no touching the gas pedal, and not sure if it is "the problem" but I could never leave rubber with the 33's at a stop sign till now....:D

OP
OP
reamer

reamer

Contributor
Bronco Guru
You need to get the separate "Fuel Sump/Pump if you do not want to modify your original tank, This is the cleanest/easiest way to feed the EFI using you existing manual fuel pump, You also need Lokar's cable throttle and kick - down kits. Also the EFI comes with a new Dizzy, but your plug wires ( if using the small dizzy cap) will not fit the new "79 style dizzy"

Last edited:

PDQ

Contributor
Did yours have an external display or go with the tablet? If display, where did you mount it?
And yours went on a 351? Is that correct? Any fitment issues or pics of your air cleaner set up?

Thanks for the thread

OP
OP
reamer

reamer

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I use the Andriod app on my phone, No this is in a 302, Fit perfect, no leaks... And the AIT temp module fits nicely on the Stock air cleaner, with hole punched in the side for it.

Attachments

• EFI (2).jpg
    EFI (2).jpg
    236 KB · Views: 271

fuzzball

I just finished mine on a 351w. I have the fiberglass hood with a scoop, but I still have to have a low-profile air intake. Fires right up now, and seems to be running great, but my throttle cable is on back order so I haven't been able to drive it around to know how it really runs.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/mQjDRpPH1u2rJByo9

Last edited:

Drucifer

Contributor
ORF
Loc.
Santa Rosa
I’ve been running the Pro-flo for about a year now on my 302. Absolutely love it. No issues on road or off, super easy to set up and dead reliable.

451598F2-036E-4A23-9982-E8FEF3088155.jpeg

ratbilt

I have 1200 miles on my proflow still dialing in. 351w
also have a 4r70 trans needed to install an additional tps (can't tie into the proflow tps)

Attachments

• IMG_1906.JPG
    IMG_1906.JPG
    208.5 KB · Views: 144

rjrobin2002

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I regret going explorer efi on my 351. I spent a small fortune between the lightning lower cost, custom balancer, price motorsports distributor, injector rebuild, explorer donor engine cost, and so on.

I think the pro flow would of been cheaper and cost less and everything would of been brand new.

Shimmy

Contributor
1977 Bronco
Loc.
Maple Valley
so these are like a electronic tuned carburetor? so everything else (gas tank setup) is like a carburetor?

rjrobin2002

Contributor
Bronco Guru
so these are like a electronic tuned carburetor? so everything else (gas tank setup) is like a carburetor?
This system is better cause you get an intake and 8 injectors and they run better.

Verse the cheaper " electric carburetor" systems where the efi throttle body bolts to a carburetor intake.

OP
OP
reamer

reamer

Contributor
Bronco Guru
It was $2200.00 out the door for the kit, included intake Dizzy, ECU and complete harness, gaskets, fuel lines....

rjrobin2002

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I think I have more than that in my 351 explorer efi if I include my $400 cam sensor I had to buy, EFIGUYs charge, stock Explorer components, injector rebuild and the 351 lightning lower.

But the 351 made mine about $1000 more than if I woulda stuck with a 5.0.

fluffybunny

Contributor
Definitely on my want list. Maybe someday after power steering and power brakes.

ratbilt

hi Neil, I have a 2" body lift a 2/6" floor drop, a custom built suspension

ngsd

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I am still not able to find the right map for mine. I have played around and wasted days trying to tune it. It is going over to the speed shop next week. I dod not know the spec on my 408 build so cant use any cam settings that are accurate. I tried something and got close but still not right. I used a Bronco Design fiberglass hood with 1 inch body lift as it would not clear using low profile spectre air cleaner. I used a M1a1 WH FUI tank with the edelbrock regulator. One thing to think about is that the front blanace tube they give you does not work well with that dizzy on the front and I made another one for it.

Attachments

• 408 fi.jpeg
    408 fi.jpeg
    184.8 KB · Views: 139
  • sb bd hood.jpeg
    sb bd hood.jpeg
    162.3 KB · Views: 128

Johnnyb

Contributor
Loc.
Flagstaff
So I've been deadling around with going explorer EFI for the last 6 months. I finally put everything I need together including a couple of donor harnesses and a couple of donor computers but now I'm considering going this route.
Not only do you still get SEFI, but the components are new.

If I go the explorer route, the computers are 20 or more years old, and even with several donor harnesses, I'm likely to end up with some partially broken plugs which need to be held on with tape!

Can anybody think of a disadvantage of the Edelbrock system?

ngsd

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I think the new systems are quite efficient and are a better way to go. That being said I had to get a new PF4 because the PF4 1st gen that was several years old is no longer supported.I could not use it anymore. Pick your poison.