• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Just moved to the Portland, OR area.

Z Bronco

Bronco Guru
Hello,

I just moved to Oregon City and when things open back up I look forward to learning the area, meeting people, and using my Bronco more. A new adventure in a new place.

Have a great weekend everybody!

Z Bronco

68Broncoz

Contributor
Welcome to the Northwest, I live across the river in Battleground,

In the middle of putting my 68 back together,

Chris Z

kyle

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Enjoy I-205. You’ll get plenty of time getting to know it. I used to live out past Beavercreek.

Last edited:

BronCowie

Contributor
Old Timer
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
Welcome Z, I'm over on the west side. There's a bunch of us out here and on the east side as well. You're just in time for some decent weather until fall; my top will be coming down soon for Bikini time. :cool:

chuck1022

Contributor
Hello,

I just moved to Oregon City and when things open back up I look forward to learning the area, meeting people, and using my Bronco more. A new adventure in a new place.

Have a great weekend everybody!

Z Bronco

Oregon is on my short list to move too. Is it a pain in the ass to register old Broncos??

OP
OP
Z Bronco

Z Bronco

Bronco Guru
I grew up in Oregon and have lived mostly on the east side of the Cascades, Bend area for 16 of the 17 years. As far as registration for your Bronco, I have never had any issues. Even when I moved back to Oregon many years ago from Tennessee, I just brought the glove box door with me as my dash is modified, didn't have a problem getting new plates.

chuck1022

Contributor
I grew up in Oregon and have lived mostly on the east side of the Cascades, Bend area for 16 of the 17 years. As far as registration for your Bronco, I have never had any issues. Even when I moved back to Oregon many years ago from Tennessee, I just brought the glove box door with me as my dash is modified, didn't have a problem getting new plates.

Some places...the car has to be exact as it was in 19xx. If Oregon is car friendly that is great.

SHX669

Bronco Guru
You run in to issues in Oregon IF you live in an area that requires DEQ testing - and passing. In those places Broncos 1975 and newer have to be tested . 1975 - 80 have a " no open hood " policy. You can take all the emissions stuff off - swap motors , pretty much what you want - BUT - BUT - They HAVE to have a Catalytic Converter AND they HAVE to pass . Oh - I was behind a guy in a late 70s Pickup being tested at DeQ - they failed him because it was too loud or not enough flow through the exhaust or something . He was too mad to be specific.