• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Kentucky eb owners

gtownky

Loc.
Cynthiana,KY
I have two and one i am in thr process of tearing down to rebuild. Its going to be a weekend truck for the street. The other one is gonna do both. Everyday/wheeling rig. It runs but nothing special. Needs lift,lockers and tires.
Im kinda in the same boat. Im not sure where peps are going around here to wheel. They use to go to jellico. I think they are in the process of shutting that down. Does anyone know where there are places to go in Kentucky?

OP
OP
broncorckcrwlr

broncorckcrwlr

Loc.
London, Ky
Most of the public places have closed down. :cry: Now days you just about have to go to a pay to play park. Black Mtn in Harlan county is a good one. There is still some riding up at Natural Bridge near Slade, Ky and for west side people I believe Land Between the Lakes still allows some riding. There is a new park opening up in n.e. Ky but form what I hear it is pretty small. I beielve it was previously an atv park that is under new ownership. A fellow member of another group I belong too is going to try to get up ther soon and check it out. Mostly to wheel you have to be willing to travel. Windrock near Oakridge, Tn (rode there in Nov) is a fair place to ride anbd not too far for a day trip for me. There is some riding in Jellico as well I believe but I have not been there. There's Attica in Indiana, Wheeling in the Country down below Nashville. There's 2 or 3 places in Alabama. Of course Superlift Park (rode there in Sept) in Hot Springs, Ark. There is a ride coming up at Gray Rock in Alabama next month, The Bama Brawl. I am planning to attend if I can get the days off work. Of course there is Moab! I haven't drug the bronco out there yet but it is tentively on the schedule for 2011.

ft bronc

Loc.
Greater Cincinnati
My stock '73 is my daily driver here in nothern KY, but with two teenagers I'm pretty maxed out as far as regular extracurriculars go. I'd be up for an occasional run if you ever have them w/in a couple hours of here though.

As far as this area for EB's, I've only ever seen one or two others on the road, and haven't seen either one for some time now. There are a couple nice ones across the river I see from time to time.

trailpsycho

Bronco Guru
I would be up for making a little road trip, if something comes together. I dont/wont trailer, so I need to be practical about what I run. As well, my Bronco is "new-again" to me, so I would prefer not to turtle it or have to contend with extremely tight trails. Ultimately, I built it to drive almost anywhere I might wasnt to go. I would be willing to check out some mid level trails as I am still learning its new capabilities. I have another month or so of fixing some cosmetics and pulling the tranny back out (from a shady rebuild(er)) to figure out why its popping out of 1st. Likely, I wont make the Bama Brawl this year...but most any excuse for a road-trip or get-away is good. I love the mountains, so I am fond of KY, TN and NC. So, please keep me in the loop. I may be able to convince one or two other Indy Bronco owners to bring theirs down as well.

MattW

I plan on attending the Super Celebration down in Townsend, TN April 16 & 17. Not sure if there's any wheeling action there or just a meet and great. Regardless, it sounds like it's a great event and really not that far from Kentucky/Southern Ohio/Southern Indiana.

trailpsycho

Bronco Guru
I noticed that wasnt on the calendar. One of my local buddies is trying to get his Bronco ready to drive before then... should be close.

TTTGOWYO

Tyler T. - EB Obsessed
Loc.
Louisville
I plan on attending the Super Celebration down in Townsend, TN April 16 & 17. Not sure if there's any wheeling action there or just a meet and great. Regardless, it sounds like it's a great event and really not that far from Kentucky/Southern Ohio/Southern Indiana.

I am going to that for sure. We could meet on my way through Lexington and we could get a little convoy heading south on 75. I am excited for that event, I think it is mainly a show and shine and meet and greet thing. Should be a good time anyway.

MattW

I am going to that for sure. We could meet on my way through Lexington and we could get a little convoy heading south on 75. I am excited for that event, I think it is mainly a show and shine and meet and greet thing. Should be a good time anyway.

I like the sound of that. I'm hoping to drive mine down, but I've never made that long of a drive in it so I'm still up in the air on that. If not, it'll be on the back of a trailer just for peace of mind.

gearida

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Newburgh, IN
I have wheeled a VW tube frame hard at Land Between the Lakes. Good hills to climb, nice trails to run hard, lots of small rock which gets thrown by tires is the downside. However it is a nice weekend spot.

OP
OP
broncorckcrwlr

broncorckcrwlr

Loc.
London, Ky
where in ky are u? I wheel with two others who have broncos here in clarksille,tn.

If you're talking to me I'm in London, Ky in the southeast part of the state. You happen to know a guy in Clarksville named Chuck Alley?(not a bronco guy just an old friend)

gtownky

Loc.
Cynthiana,KY
The 76 is gonna take a long time. The 73, I havent done anything with. It needs to get warm first. Im outta room in the garage.

ky2008

Loc.
Ashland, KY
snowing more now.... I need some garage heat!! :)

No kidding! I've got a little piddly heater in my barely insulated garage. It keeps it around 55-60 in there though.

Drove the stock 73 this am in about 4 inches of snow. The 15+\- year old 205 street tires did not do so well! Got to love these snowy ky roads! The beauty of it is that driving around on snowy roads in 2x4 is almost as fun as offroading.

TTTGOWYO

Tyler T. - EB Obsessed
Loc.
Louisville
:cool: I think I made a couple people angry this morning b/c I was driving with one tire on the shoulder throwing all the snow/slush at the oncoming traffic. HAHAHA I don't get to play in the white stuff as much since I left Wyoming..