• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Kick Panel Speaker Boxes?

mlogan24

Bronco Guru
Pete,
I'll notch the edge of the kicker holes and run the wiring back up next to the installed speakers and run the wire under the carpet and back up to the dash for the remote tweeters. The Alpine X-Series Tweets are so teeny that they are easy to put just about anywhere.

Show some photos of your mod. I'm sure people would love to see that mod too! ;)

I'd like to see a photo story of how you would put in the Lokar e-brake as well...

I wonder if clean solution wouldn't be a couple small grommets, one on top of the ss bowl and the other above on the inner fender (?) sheet metal with plenty of silicone goop to seal them up. You could put a 2-wire Weatherpack connector on each end, which would allow for future different speakers.

GraficO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Albuquerque, NM
Logan,
putting in a grommet for the speaker wires would be more sano... but keeping as much of the wiring on the inside of the tub would be better than giving water and crud another entry point into the tub or pan I would think. If the wires run under the carpet you won't be able to see em anyway...

Maybe I'm just not understanding what's going on from your description ?