• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Koer 94, 44, and 33 on bronco running bad once warmed up, negative KOEO codes.

rjrobin2002

Bronco Guru
New Efi swap that was running good on a engine i just removed it from and running bad once installed on mine. 91 Mustang mass air set up. Got standard emission codes in KOEO, have good 40psi fuel pressure that holds 40 even after turning pump off, timing is 10 degrees and advancing when rpm increases, and TPS checked out good.

What's KOER 94, 44, and 33 signal?

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
What's KOER 94, 44, and 33 signal?

Those are air pump and EGR codes. I don't imagine you have that stuff installed so it shouldn't be a problem.

What harness, computer, injectors, MAF are you using?

OP
OP
rjrobin2002

rjrobin2002

Bronco Guru
Summit Dunne-Rite brand harness: http://static.summitracing.com/glob...-890120 wire harness install (2012.01.27).pdf

99 explorer motor with a 96 explorer fuel rail and injectors

Mustang distributor, whatever year v6 mustang Maf that works with the explorer TB. A9 auto computer.

I removed all this stuff off a perfect running bronco that we converted to OBD 2. Same harness, all sensors, MAF, A9, distributor, and o2 sensors. I have checked for vaccume leaks also.

Will a OBD1 system tell you if you have a cylinder miss fire like a bad spark plug wire?

OP
OP
rjrobin2002

rjrobin2002

Bronco Guru
Yes, then plugged it back in and watched the timing advance from 10 to 20-30 while revving the engine and timing light plugged in. Did the same thing with watching fuel pressure guage hold steady with engine rpms increasing.

OP
OP
rjrobin2002

rjrobin2002

Bronco Guru
Was three bad plug wires, I removed them and OHMed all 8. 3 were real bad. Koer did not catch it. Driving great again, I was about ready to throw a carb on it and sell it.

So if you make custom length wires, always ohm before installing. I didn't and it cost me 2 months of hell.