• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Las Cruces Trail Run/Meet and Greet

rsharpnm

Loc.
Las Cruces
I have been off the forums for a while, so maybe I missed it, but are any of the Las Cruces or El Paso guys still around? Cody (Cody72sport) Used to set up some pretty awesome meet and greet trail runs a few years back.

Would anyone be interested in setting something up in the near future?

Also, Chile Challenge is coming up in October. Is anyone else thinking about attending? It is up around Caballo this year and there are a lot of new trails being run.:cool:
http://www.chilechallenge.org

rfrescas

its been pretty darn quiet... i go wheeling with later model broncos, seems like all the classic bronco guys are down and out. Im a member of a classic bronco group on FB and its crickets in there as well. With the weather we've been having, its heaven out there! Heard about the chili challenge and may very well make my way out there this year to check out. If you set something up, im sure i can wrangle a few broncs to go have some fun-Ray

cody72sport

i'm still around! just went into the dona ana's wheeling this evening. but now my power steering pump is making a bunch of noise

OP
OP
rsharpnm

rsharpnm

Loc.
Las Cruces
I would definitely be interested in doing another meet and trail run if anyone else is interested. The three we had in the past had great turnouts and I think everyone had an awesome time.

I am pretty sure I am going to do the Chile Challenge this year. I have heard the trails Around Caballo are a blast, but I have never wheeled them, so this seems to be the perfect opportunity.

cody72sport

I might would do the chile challenge too, but it starts on a wednesday or thursday and i have to go to class

OP
OP
rsharpnm

rsharpnm

Loc.
Las Cruces
Tuesday & Thursday schedules are nice. That way you only have to miss one day ;D

Also, they do $50 entry fees per day, so you could still make it Saturday if you really want to.

Chile Challenge aside, we need to schedule a day for a Bronco run :cool:

hankjr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
So I have no ride to offer, but I will be in EP for work early October. I usually kill time at the pull a parts on Montana. I would be happy to warm a passenger seat or just hang out and talk broncos.

Hank

OP
OP
rsharpnm

rsharpnm

Loc.
Las Cruces
So I have no ride to offer, but I will be in EP for work early October. I usually kill time at the pull a parts on Montana. I would be happy to warm a passenger seat or just hang out and talk broncos.

Hank

Do you know exactly when in October? I might need a spotter for Chile Challenge;D

I know in the past we have done the Bronco get together at the end of October, so tentatively, does that jive with everyone's schedules?

hankjr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Do you know exactly when in October? I might need a spotter for Chile Challenge;D

I know in the past we have done the Bronco get together at the end of October, so tentatively, does that jive with everyone's schedules?

First weekend for certain. I usually fly down Saturday am and haunt the pull a part yards for crust free parts. usually get a special invitation to chat from the TSA when I check them in as luggage :)

For sure plan around yourselves not me. I'm just a troll looking to warm a seat :-0

Hank

OP
OP
rsharpnm

rsharpnm

Loc.
Las Cruces
So we have done Box Canyon a few times already, but what trail should we run this time around?

I do not know how set up everyones rigs are, but we could do Hopping Jalapeño, Upper Broad or something. There is also the Doña Anas, Modoc, or Kilbourne Hole. Let me know what you guys think.

Also get the word out!

cody72sport

I'm down for november 1st, would prefer something more like kilbourne hole. not really set up for serious crawling