• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Las Cruces Trail Run/Meet and Greet

ride915

Loc.
EL PASO
im ok for this Saturday....is it going to be a Kilbournes Hole? If so we can meet everyone in Canutillo or closer to El Paso.

cody72sport

im ok for this Saturday....is it going to be a Kilbournes Hole? If so we can meet everyone in Canutillo or closer to El Paso.

that depends on what route we take to kilbourne. from las cruces you can go to kilbourne almost entirely on dirt roads. if we go to canutillo its mostly highway driving

jim3326

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Appleturkey
Where is the trailhead relative to Sonic? Since this 'northerner' isn't familiar with where we are going, I presume most of us would meet at the Sonic. I will accept a locals suggestion on where to park. It's not like it won't be obvious they are unattended, at least unattended at the trailhead is away from the general riff-raff and hopefully anyone else there would show a little respect.

Jim W.

cody72sport

Where is the trailhead relative to Sonic? Since this 'northerner' isn't familiar with where we are going, I presume most of us would meet at the Sonic. I will accept a locals suggestion on where to park. It's not like it won't be obvious they are unattended, at least unattended at the trailhead is away from the general riff-raff and hopefully anyone else there would show a little respect.

Jim W.

there's not a real "trail head" to go to kilborne. its in the middle of a huge blm area. it shows up on google earth if you search for it

OP
OP
rsharpnm

rsharpnm

Loc.
Las Cruces
that depends on what route we take to kilbourne. from las cruces you can go to kilbourne almost entirely on dirt roads. if we go to canutillo its mostly highway driving

I was Planning on going to Kilbourne from the north side (Las Cruces) because as Cody said, it is almost entirely on dirt county roads.

Jim W.

32.280632, -106.890968

Copy and paste this into google maps and that should give you the location where we will be entering the dirt. You can drive down the dirt road as far as you want and unload. It is a county road, so nothing too rough.

It sounds like there will be enough of a turn out that we can go forward with the plan. Is 10:00 a.m. at Sonic still good for everyone? We could meet somewhere closer to the trailhead if that would be more convenient.

jim3326

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Appleturkey
Sweet:) PM me your address or we can just meet at the Sonic. Plan to leave Abq. at 6 so should be there between 9:30-10.

Jim W.

rixtasan

Contributor
Count me in fellas! I'll be headed out in the AM. See you at Sonic.

Desert Rider

Loc.
Albuquerque
Did not get to go to Las Cruces today on trail run. :cry: Instead helped my family bail and load hay here in the North Valley of Albuquerque.

P1020230640x480_zps4d13c2e8.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
P1020227640x480_zpse4b313e3.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
P1020242640x480_zps77c49e30.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Prizefighter

Bronco Guru
Is anyone here friends with Lucky 68? I was wanting to get in touch with him and his inbox is full and not receiving messages.