• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

LAST CALL...1st Annual MEB Wrench & Roast, July 19th!

ChrisinWV

Bronco Guru
Loc.
St George Island, MD
I'm truly sorry I missed this event, both because I wanted to help Allen, and also wanted to help turn the pig.....:D
Hope you got lots done, and Drew, look for another housing to shave in the future when you get set up....sounds a lot easier than trying to figure out where to cut with my plasma.....
You've taken the guesswork and a lot of the work out of it with the jig....
I think I would want more than 1/4" on mine though....
Hope You guys got lots done for Allen's sake, Looks like he might win the bet after all.....how many years are you at right now Allen???
Chris

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Not sure what the bet was Chris, but we got pics today of Allen's rig on the rockpile under its own power..doubled down in lol-lo on 60s front and rear with that 5.0EFI purring like a kitten. Does that mean you lose? :D

Stay tuned for full report and lots of pics. For you and anyone else that missed it but wanted to be there...it was an awesome weekend. Saturday night was a late-nighter because the team was not going to sleep without hearing that rascal fire off to cap an incredible productive day. And fire it did too.;D

Many thanks to Drew and Pat for being so hospitable and making their place ours for the weekend.

Fordfilly

Loc.
Ford Part Heaven
Thank you everyone for making this such a great weekend. I was somewhat disappointed that I couldn't get my hands in to help with some of the wrenching but there were far too many guys that knew just what needed done and a mission was under way.

Friday night some of us were up till 1:30am writing down the mission statement, then Bill, Randy and I were up at 5:00am to hog tie (literally) a pig with a belly full of fruit into a hot roaster.

Wrenching began at 8:00am and as mentioned before, ended after 1:00am the next morning with success.

Congrats Allen!

Can I go get some sleep now? Huh Huh, can I? LOL

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Here is proof that 30 + people can take a Bronco that has't moved on it's own in ~8 years, on a D30 and 9 inch, and with no EFI harness and in one day (one looonnng day) get it on the rocks on D60s with a smooth running Mustang EFI motor and cook a pig to boot!

http://s230.photobucket.com/albums/ee15/Scooppics/?action=view&current=MOV04057.flv

Note that the front drive shaft was not installed because the temporary headers were in the way and he did not have his on-board air hooked up to operate the rear ARB yet.

It was a great and fun day and I wish everyone could have seen the smile on Allen's face when he started it and backed it out of the garage for the first time. (I guess the amazing part is 30 + could all work together and get it all done!)

BTW, bmc69 and Fordfilly (and a few other helpers) did a great job on the pig! ;D

Here's some pics.

Attachments

• DSC04039.JPG
    DSC04039.JPG
    151.5 KB · Views: 51
  • DSC04041.JPG
    DSC04041.JPG
    148.2 KB · Views: 44
  • DSC04047.JPG
    DSC04047.JPG
    147.6 KB · Views: 41
  • DSC04055.JPG
    DSC04055.JPG
    145.2 KB · Views: 48
  • DSC04059.JPG
    DSC04059.JPG
    153.5 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:

kb6677

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Nice job guys for a deserving member. Sorry we were unable to participate :(
Karl

Pearlcoat

Contributor
Bronco Guru
What an awesome weekend! Allen looked like a kid in a candy store when he drove the bronco out of the garage and onto the rock pile. By 1:30am on Sunday morning when most of us were either asleep in a lawn chair or on the way to a motel the engine was fired for the first time, what a feeling that is!

Many thanks to Drew for hosting this event and letting us use (trash?) his house and shop, hopefully it doesn't look too bad in the daylight.

bmc69 and ford filly - the pig was delicious, thanks for slaving over that hot cooker so we could all have a good meal at the end of a long day. And thanks to all who brought and bought food also, nobody went hungry. We were eating leftovers Sunday at noon.

The MEB members and friends that worked together on this project prove that teamwork really does "work" and I'm proud to be part of this club.

Hmmm...wonder who's bronco gets built next year...Drew's trail rig???

cesco

sounds like i missed a great time and some good food..

scoops pic of the check list board looks like everything was crossed off. after what sounds like it was a MONSTER GARAGE challenge... on a deadline, working late into the night, finishing up just in the nick of time...
hey, was MAC tools there to hand out the nice prizes at the end of the show.....

thanks randy for bringing the shirts.

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
The only thing we didn't get to was running the new brake lines. But with an NP435, a doubler and really low gears in the 60's - who needs brakes?? ;D

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hmmm...wonder who's bronco gets built next year...Drew's trail rig???

As well as things went this year..I'm thinking a complete start-to-finish frame-up resto should be next year's goal.
...not.;D ..and Drew swears he'll have his done before then..LOL.

chris

No more Rock Crawler
You know what was nice, everyone got along. I don't think I heard one person bitch about another person or issue at all. Not saying it didn't happen at 1am, but everyone was nice as pie the whole time I was there. Certainly not like a Monster Garage show.

I think that says ALOT about the folks who were there.

Nice job guys and gals!

Bill, My offer still stands :-*

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I don't think I heard one person bitch about another person or issue at all.
/QUOTE]

That's cuz I made sure I was out of range of yr hearing and behind yr back...;D

Offer?..offer for what?

wpaeb

Loc.
Clarion ,PA
You know you just can't beat 17hr in a shop for good "clean" entertainment.;D Congratulations Allen, you are many steps closer now.
Thanks to Drew and Pat for the many weeks of hard work leading up to this event and being the most gracious of hosts.
Thanks to the food crew for fine dinning and getting us out for a break.:p
The Staff who worked hard to pull off this new event.
I had a great time and put some more faces to the names I see on here.
Can't wait till next year, Oh and mine should be running by then too. Already started to redo the plan. Just need to do some wiring in the garage first.:eek:

ransil

Bronco Guru
You know what was nice, everyone got along. I don't think I heard one person bitch about another person or issue at all. Not saying it didn't happen at 1am, but everyone was nice as pie the whole time I was there. Certainly not like a Monster Garage show.

I think that says ALOT about the folks who were there.

Nice job guys and gals!

Bill, My offer still stands :-*

I had ear plugs in the whole time.

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
The best thing about an event like this is all the cool stuff you learn, no matter how long you have been playing with EBs:

1. Mud wasps can stop up a gas tank connection so well that 150 psi shop air won't blow it out.

2. Leaving the water connection for the TB unplugged when yr filling the raddy and engine is a great way to get the air bubble out of the block. Little messy though..

3. It takes three attempts to get the length of a custom tie rod assembly right. Don't expect to get away with less..

4. Wiring an EFI harness with all the other commotion going on around ya is easier with ear plugs.

5. Weedeater gas works fine to bark an engine for the first time if all the connections to yr installed tank are plugged up with mud wasp nests..

6. The 'OUT' and 'IN' marked on an electric fuel pump really mean what they say. So do the '+' and '-'.

7. The only substitute for a big hammer..is a bigger hammer.

8. Don't use a $150 carbide cutoff saw wheel on a hardened axle shaft.

9. Stock D70 axle shafts won't go all the way in a D60 center even after you have destroyed a $150 cutoff blade shortenting them up. The spline length is too short.

10. Using gasoline to start a bonfire on a very hot day is an especially BAD idea.

11. Body hair burns off very quickly.

12. Drew's shop can withstand a pretty large shock wave from a gasoline explosion.

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
The best thing about an event like this is all the cool stuff you learn, no matter how long you have been playing with EBs:

1. Mud wasps can stop up a gas tank connection so well that 150 psi shop air won't blow it out.

2. Leaving the water connection for the TB unplugged when yr filling the raddy and engine is a great way to get the air bubble out of the block. Little messy though..

3. It takes three attempts to get the length of a custom tie rod assembly right. Don't expect to get away with less..

4. Wiring an EFI harness with all the other commotion going on around ya is easier with ear plugs.

5. Weedeater gas works fine to bark an engine for the first time if all the connections to yr installed tank are plugged up with mud wasp nests..

6. The 'OUT' and 'IN' marked on an electric fuel pump really mean what they say. So do the '+' and '-'.

7. The only substitute for a big hammer..is a bigger hammer.

8. Don't use a $150 carbide cutoff saw wheel on a hardened axle shaft.

9. Stock D70 axle shafts won't go all the way in a D60 center even after you have destroyed a $150 cutoff blade shortenting them up. The spline length is too short.

10. Using gasoline to start a bonfire on a very hot day is an especially BAD idea.

11. Body hair burns off very quickly.

12. Drew's shop can withstand a pretty large shock wave from a gasoline explosion.

LOL now thats a great write up;D