• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

LAST CALL...1st Annual MEB Wrench & Roast, July 19th!

allenfahey

Bronco Guru
Allen,

I have my 220V Miller MIG and plasma so we are covered there. I also have boxes of grinding and cut-off wheels courtesy of my engineering buddy who works at DeWalt's Accesory R&D.

Bring another set of 1/2" impact sockets if you have them.

Do we need more air lines too? I have plenty of hoses and I have a set of impact sockets.

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hey Bill, are you bringing your boy? Mine wants to know.

I expect so...his mother has not confirmed yet but I don't think he had anything else going on that weekend.

ChrisinWV

Bronco Guru
Loc.
St George Island, MD
Bring you both beers............excuse me! Something or someone is going to be getting unplugged after that comment.....CHRIS!:p

Ha ha, just trying to get a response Judi! You know I luvya. ;D
hair, we dont need no stinkin hair? Bill gets along just fine without it! :p
See you all Saturday!

OP
OP
Broncitis

Broncitis

MEB Founder
Do we need more air lines too? I have plenty of hoses and I have a set of impact sockets.

I think we will be OK with one welder if we play nice and share;D , but if someone has one they want to bring along, feel free. Here is a pic of the configuration of my 220V recepticals. I only have 50A service to the shop right now, so two welders going simultaniously will be about max, especially when the compressor kicks on!

I have one hose reel installed and hope to get another installed on the 2 post lift by Saturday. I also have several outlets in the walls over a couple of the benches and a loose 50' hose and a couple self coiling hoses. I use the industrial style couplers, I think some refer to them as type "M".

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Humphrey Charcoal is just up the road. I can pick it up and bring it with me.
I'm planning on driving down Friday night.

Let me know.

Thanks..I got it covered. Typical for an MEB event; Drew gets an idea and then finds ways to have it implemented by 'others'. In this case, I went from volunteering a pig-cooking recipe to being designated the spitmaster and supplying the charcoal. %)
.but its all good..he's been busy shopping for rocks.;D

OP
OP
Broncitis

Broncitis

MEB Founder
Thanks..I got it covered. Typical for an MEB event; Drew gets an idea and then finds ways to have it implemented by 'others'. In this case, I went from volunteering a pig-cooking recipe to being designated the spitmaster and supplying the charcoal. %)

Hey, I resemble that remark! ;D

MEB pays me the big bucks for my ideas and charming personality so that I can be the ringleader and delegate! ;D

OP
OP
Broncitis

Broncitis

MEB Founder

MEB pays me the big bucks for my ideas and charming personality so that I can be the ringleader and delegate! ;D

So, who is bringing their Bronco with then to test out these virgin rocks?

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO

So, who is bringing their Bronco with then to test out these virgin rocks?

Now Allen's thinking "$#!+, everybody's going to be playing on the rocks and not working on my rig . . . "

chris

No more Rock Crawler
There's going to be rocks? I missed that one somewhere. I might have to put the rear back together to test it out.

OP
OP
Broncitis

Broncitis

MEB Founder
Now Allen's thinking "$#!+, everybody's going to be playing on the rocks and not working on my rig . . . "

Nope, we wouldn't do Allen that way! The rocks are only open on Friday after we're ready and Saturday when we are done.:)

OP
OP
Broncitis

Broncitis

MEB Founder
Last call If you'd like to attend and have not let me know, please do so TODAY so I can add you to the list for directions and details and add you to the count for the food orders.

Mmmmm, I can almost smell the pig and corn roasting now! :)

cesco

Drew, i am going to have to drop out coming this year.... just got a call from my buddy and he is bringing the dozer to my property and wants to work on it this weekend... i even asked him if he would rather go to a pig roast instead.......
my brother steve is still planning on going.. if you haven't found the charcoal yet he can bring it with him as that brand is in every store around us...

OP
OP
Broncitis

Broncitis

MEB Founder
Drew, i am going to have to drop out coming this year.... just got a call from my buddy and he is bringing the dozer to my property and wants to work on it this weekend... i even asked him if he would rather go to a pig roast instead.......
my brother steve is still planning on going.. if you haven't found the charcoal yet he can bring it with him as that brand is in every store around us...

Brian,

Sorry to hear you can't make it, but I can understand that when you can get dirt moved for cheap and free labor you need to do it!

McFann now has the charcoal on his list, but thanks for offering.

I'll make sure Steve takes some leftovers back for you!

Drew

cesco

left overs sound good.......

i was looking forward in getting together with everyone and actually working on someone elses bronco.. hopefully you have a few photographers to take lots of pic's to post up so i can see what i missed....

allenfahey

Bronco Guru
Nope, we wouldn't do Allen that way! The rocks are only open on Friday after we're ready and Saturday when we are done.:)

When we are done I'll take it out on the little stuff. I don't have my Hummer rims recentered or large tires yet. I don't have my hydro brake lines done yet either but I don't need brakes in double low anyway:)

OP
OP
Broncitis

Broncitis

MEB Founder
There's going to be rocks? I missed that one somewhere. I might have to put the rear back together to test it out.

I just had 75 ton of boulder brought in and moved about 25 ton I had onsite already. I was supposed to get a final load of another 25 ton tonight, but he never showed. ?:? :mad:

For some pics, check out this thread: http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=122944 There are pics on a couple of the pages.

It made for a nice little pile to play on in the woods behind the shop. There are some rocks big enough that Lou or Randy Horst might be the only two that could do some of the lines. Not sure if anyone is bringing any Broncos or not? Since you are not all that far, you should drag yours along Chris.

chris

No more Rock Crawler
Since you are not all that far, you should drag yours along Chris.

I did find the thread yesterday, nice!

One little problem with bringing the truck, can you spot it in the picture below?

I pulled the whole rear apart to fix the crack in the bottom of the housing. I now have the axle shaved, painted and ready to go back under the truck so I guess I could have it done tonight. Bar some unforseen Bronco repair issue, you know, the this will only take an hour which turns into three days. %)

Let me see how it goes tonight.

Attachments

• DSC02536.JPG
    DSC02536.JPG
    146.1 KB · Views: 21