• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Latest from Beach City Broncos

jgregory2601

Contributor
Am I right that you have 3 speakers in the kick panel? Looks like 2 5.25" and a tweeter on each side. Just curious how that sounds on the road. I'm looking at either doing one 6.5" down there and then 2 6.5" in the rear side panel (on each side) but not sure I'll have enough volume to hear at speed.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Always interested to see everyone’s speaker solutions for Broncos.
They’re somewhat limited compared to some vehicles, but there are some clever solutions out there.
Probably the best thing you can do for sound quality though, is to quiet down the metal echo chamber that is a bronco body.
Top on, or off, doesn’t matter. It’s loud in there until you do some mitigating projects. Sound deadeners and insulators practically everywhere that you can think of and quite a few that you can’t think of!

Kind of surprised we don’t see more speaker pods for the down tubes of roll cages. We could put tweeters there at least, if not mid range if you’re clever.
Center hump pod speakers under the dash seem to be highly thought of.
Kick panel with a backing plate inside the fender seems to get a lot of sound under there.

But as loud as Broncos are, you can usually hear even plain old door speakers well enough to keep you happy for a while.
Interested to hear what Mark does in his builds.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I’m glad you brought the subject up again. Those look very nicely designed and expensive!
Other than the loss of foot room under there, I bet they sound great.

FramedCoyotes

Super Nice! I like the Roll Bar and Bumpers, not over the top and flows great with the EB. Color is beautiful!! 👊

lbuch40

Contributor
Loc.
Black Hills
Always interested to see everyone’s speaker solutions for Broncos.
They’re somewhat limited compared to some vehicles, but there are some clever solutions out there.
Probably the best thing you can do for sound quality though, is to quiet down the metal echo chamber that is a bronco body.
Top on, or off, doesn’t matter. It’s loud in there until you do some mitigating projects. Sound deadeners and insulators practically everywhere that you can think of and quite a few that you can’t think of!

Kind of surprised we don’t see more speaker pods for the down tubes of roll cages. We could put tweeters there at least, if not mid range if you’re clever.
Center hump pod speakers under the dash seem to be highly thought of.
Kick panel with a backing plate inside the fender seems to get a lot of sound under there.

But as loud as Broncos are, you can usually hear even plain old door speakers well enough to keep you happy for a while.
Interested to hear what Mark does in his builds.
When you guys put speakers behind the front seats, whats the best place to route the speaker wire?

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Am I right that you have 3 speakers in the kick panel? Looks like 2 5.25" and a tweeter on each side. Just curious how that sounds on the road. I'm looking at either doing one 6.5" down there and then 2 6.5" in the rear side panel (on each side) but not sure I'll have enough volume to hear at speed.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Love the door panels and kick panel speaker pods.
Glad to hear you make them.
Maybe that’s something you can sell a lot of. Unless you only want them in vehicles that you build your facility?

no doubt.. quality build and detail