• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Leaky kickdown lever

Jfryjfry

Bought a “rebuilt” c4 and just put it in. Put some fluid in and haven’t even run it yet and it’s leaking. From three spots. The pan, the kickdown rod and an adjuster on the right side.

But the kickdown is the worst. There is apparently an oring in there and I believe it is present but what keeps it located? It looks like nothing would keep it from walking out and I see nothing to keep pressure on it.

OP
OP
J

Jfryjfry

Thanks - I hadn’t run across that one in my research.

Seems that most places sell and use a regular oring. BC broncos sells the proper seal for $3. It’s on its way. And they were very cool about shipping. I called because shipping this little guy could be done in a regular envelope and the gal had no problem helping me not pay $8 to ship it.