• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

led tail lights

broncobeast75

I found a guy who makes replacement leds for all of the lights except the headlights but those are out there. Does anyone run these? Does anyone know if there are any other tail lights that will fit the broncos housing?

spap

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I painted my tail light buckets with chrome paint and they are much brighter with the stock bulbs. I really led s but not in the budget now.

01Dudley

Loc.
Knoxville
Here at Duff's we are working on some that will have a full card of LEDs and also a new lens. Did I mention American Made?! Stay tuned it shouldn't be much longer. I got confirmation yesterday that they are laying them out right now.

Phil76

Loc.
Aransas Pass, TX
Not sure on that. I haven't done these myself yet, but I have used one's for the gauges, and dash lights. They were just plug n' play. You may ask xcntrk since his are basically the same. My dash blinker bulbs are led, and I've had no problem with them and the standard blinker.

xcntrk

Bronco Guru
Loc.
NOVA
I'm curious, did you have to change to a LED-specific blinker?

Whenever you change both front & rear to LED's, you remove any resistance in the circuit which causes the OE style flashers to no longer work. Alternatives are to install (no load) LED compatible flashers, or install LED resistors back into the turn circuit in order to continue using OE flashers. Keep in mind you have x2 flashers, one for turn and one for hazard.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I painted my tail light buckets with chrome paint and they are much brighter with the stock bulbs. I really led s but not in the budget now.

Exactly. It's probably something every Bronco owner should do as part of standard maintenance. Even with a shiny new one it helps.
I tried different things too, and found that plain old gloss white appliance paint worked the best. Kind of surprised that the chrome paint and the shiny reflective tapes didn't fare better instead, but at least in my case, plain old gloss white worked the best to my taste.
Both with standard bulbs and definitely with the LED's

Glad you mentioned that. People should be having "tail-light painting parties" this summer!

Paul