• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

LED turn signal issues

74 bronco carl

I put all new LED tail and front and rear turn signal lights on my 74
I used the LED flasher with the ground wire And have installed 60 watt load equalizers on each side.
with standard filament bulbs everything works fine.
but when put any LED is installed I just get a solid light no flash when turn signal activated

Slowleak

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Georgia
You should not need resistors if you are using a LED flasher. The LED flasher is designed to be tripped by an LED bulb. When you add resistors it does not know you have LED bulbs. I did not use them, only switched out the flasher, and it worked fine. Try putting the old flasher back, or removing the resistors.

Last edited:

Slowleak

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Georgia
I tried without the resistors and the result is the same, lights but doesn't flash about the only thing left I can think of is trying a standard(non LED) flasher thoughts?

Do the hazards work? My hazards work with the old hazard flasher but the turn signals did not with the old turn signal flasher. That’s because the hazard switch powers all four LED bulbs which draws enough current to trip an incandescent flasher.
If the hazards work, try using the hazard flasher in place of the turn signal flasher as a test. Reverse polarity at the flasher can also be a problem. Ford flasher plugs are wired different from many and can need an adapter.

Last edited:
OP
OP
74 bronco carl

74 bronco carl

all but 1 rear work with hazards, I have that exact flasher with polarity base , when I switched the lights to the other side both rears are now out, ground issue?

Brush Hog

Contributor
Loc.
NorCal
When I went to all LED bulbs I had 2 bad flashers right out of the box. Then I had to flip some of the bulbs in the sockets to make them work. LEDs are finicky just keep fiddling with them and it will work out. They are a great upgrade.

Last edited:

Slowleak

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Georgia
all but 1 rear work with hazards, I have that exact flasher with polarity base , when I switched the lights to the other side both rears are now out, ground issue?

Sounds like it could be. I would focus on getting them all flashing with the hazard switch. Then you know the issue is with the turn signal flasher itself.

lars

Contributor
Been here awhile
Loc.
NorCal flatlands
Swap the power and ground going to the flasher. May need to dig the contacts out of the flasher connector to do that. Had the same problem. Solved it.