• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Lets talk gasoline equipment

BrettKoenecke

I have a 73 with two tanks and all that goes with that situation. I have to handle the gas nozzle at the station and still frequently end up with gas on myself. I'm learning to deal with it by contorting myself and filling only when I'm dirty already. Ha.

I also note that when I fill to the brim, I need to use some of the gas off of each tank or expansion can take place and gas comes out of places where it should not. Usually that is from under the gas cap, last night it was from someplace on the main tank I couldn't see, probably where the filler hose meets the tank. YEAH.

I think I do not have original gas caps and I think I need to make some changes here. Not sure what right now. All thoughts are appreciated, like always.

OP
OP
B

BrettKoenecke

Ha…good one.

No what I'm really wondering is if I need to get different gas caps for some reason.

knack

Contributor
When filling mine, I just take it slow. No latching the nozzle trigger. If it's quiet enough around me I listen for the sound of fuel starting to come up the fill tubes. Still get gas dribbling out of one tank or another if they are full on a hot day. I try to remember to run both tanks down a little bit after fueling.

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
I have 3 tanks and they all have their own finicky fill positions. The worst is the drivers side rear tank which wants the hose upside down. Southern California pumps are the worse with their heavy ass hoses and spring boot over the nozzle and super sensitive back flow sensors. I go to Arizona and I can pump normal just have to pump slow on fast flow pumps.

00gyrhed

Bronco Guru
go back to 1973 and pump your gas there. Its these new fangled vapor recovery nozzles.

I make my son pump my gas.

I am considering getting one of the new cap less filler necks like is on my 2013 F150.

No Hay

Bronco Guru
When filling mine, I just take it slow. No latching the nozzle trigger. If it's quiet enough around me I listen for the sound of fuel starting to come up the fill tubes. Still get gas dribbling out of one tank or another if they are full on a hot day. I try to remember to run both tanks down a little bit after fueling.

All this works for me too.

OP
OP
B

BrettKoenecke

its working for me too, i just wondered if there was something else I should do. Thanks all.

jckkys

Bronco Guru
I guess there's more to the '77 fuel doors than good looks. I can't remember having any of these problems with the '77.