• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Leveling Kits

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
Stock springs probably just settled after all these years.
Just some new stock height springs might be all you need.
Any of the vendors you see on this page can supply a stock height spring.
I suggest Duff....hell "you" could just drive over being in NC. They are in Tennessee.

Welcome to classicbroncos.com if you have not already been welcomed.

OP
OP
A

anthonyparigi

Loc.
Elkin

I put a 3.5" lift on the bronco in 2015. Unfortunately I put a Super Lift on it. I wish I would have gone with a well known bronco's vendor. So I ended up putting on the new coil springs in the super lift kit and bought after market leaf springs for a 3.5-4" lift for the rear so naturally the rear sits higher. i just want to level it up.

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
Ahhh.....

Another thread going right now about pulling a few leaves out of the pack to lower the rear.

2nd and 3rd leaves from the top can make a big difference. Ride softer too.
Just time. No real costs involved.

Not really anything like a block or spacer for the front so you would have to get a taller spring for the front.

The vendors sell a 5.5" spring.
Go Duff

OP
OP
A

anthonyparigi

Loc.
Elkin
I suggest Duff....hell "you" could just drive over being in NC. They are in Tennessee.

Welcome to classicbroncos.com if you have not already been welcomed.

Definitely I'm a Duff's guy. I am very familiar with them. Mike actually told me to check with JBG but they didn't any. My friend Melissa Magness told me to check on here. Thank you for the welcome!!

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
Definitely I'm a Duff's guy. I am very familiar with them. Mike actually told me to check with JBG but they didn't any. My friend Melissa Magness told me to check on here. Thank you for the welcome!!

Melissa is a sweetheart and a blessing to the eb community, as are Mike and Suzy at Duff's.

I am jealous...if I lived as close to Duffs as you I would have driven them nuts years ago....lol.

OP
OP
A

anthonyparigi

Loc.
Elkin
Melissa is a sweetheart and a blessing to the eb community, as are Mike and Suzy at Duff's.

I am jealous...if I lived as close to Duffs as you I would have driven them nuts years ago....lol.

They are great people! I might just take out a rear leaf like you said. Do you attend any events? I usually go to the Super Cel. This year I was lucky and went to Super Cel, East Coast Bronco Round up, and OCBR.

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
I went to SuperCel.

Rudy Brown eb
With bright green bronconut73 on the side windows.

From down here in Orlando it was quite a drive.

OP
OP
A

anthonyparigi

Loc.
Elkin
I went to SuperCel.

Rudy Brown eb
With bright green bronconut73 on the side windows.

From down here in Orlando it was quite a drive.

I'm sure have pictures of your ride on camera, facebook, or instagram! Sounds really familiar. I'll look and see. I'm off_road_classics on instagram. At Super Cel I had my black 71 uncut with a 2.5" lift and had dad's 76 orange completely resto. I bet we have spoken before lol. I know what you mean by the drive lol Jay Patterson and I drove from NC/VA to OCBR in Hot Springs, AR. Quite a drive in these old EB's lol.

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
That trip to OCBR was prolly further than my trip...
I think mine was around 700 miles one way.
Lots of stops for gas, haha..

OP
OP
A

anthonyparigi

Loc.
Elkin
That trip to OCBR was prolly further than my trip...
I think mine was around 700 miles one way.
Lots of stops for gas, haha..

700 is a long way too!! I figured after a few hours I'd regret it lol but I had a great time! Thank you for all your advice. Can't wait to see you in April!

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
I'm sure have pictures of your ride on camera, facebook, or instagram! Sounds really familiar. I'll look and see. I'm off_road_classics on instagram. At Super Cel I had my black 71 uncut with a 2.5" lift and had dad's 76 orange completely resto. I bet we have spoken before lol. I know what you mean by the drive lol Jay Patterson and I drove from NC/VA to OCBR in Hot Springs, AR. Quite a drive in these old EB's lol.

ahh I remember you now, that you said you were with Jay
Welcome to the site

rcmbronc

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tomah WI
I have some 4.5" WH front coils I would sell very reasonably if you are interested.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
That would probably do the job nicely.
But just so you know what you're dealing with you should measure your gap between the top of the axle tubes and the bottom of the frame rails just to make sure your lift heights are as expected for the springs you have.
Anything over 7" in the front and 6" in the rear is your amount of lift.

And which rear leaves did you get? How many leaves and what brand? This might change which individual leaves you remove from them.

Good luck.

paul

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
He put a Superlift on it back in '15.

So his springs may not be the 9/10/11 leaf packs our vendors sell.
Superlift may only have 5 or 6 leaves.....making know which one to remove pretty critical.
Can you help with, which one to remove Paul?

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
It was sounding like he only used the Superlift coils, but then said "aftermarket rear leaf springs" for the rear. Sounded to me like they were after-the-fact and maybe not the same brand.

If he does have Superlift rears though, we might be able to give a best guess based on a picture. I've seen them, but very few because even back when they were one of the only games in town, it was hard to find Superlift or Skyjacker springs in stock anywhere.
I've got Skyjackers, but if I'm not mistaken they're still different from the Superlift design, which looked more like stock with an extra leaf and a bit more arch.

Let's see a pic if you can Anthony.

Thanks

Paul

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
And Anthony, you might ask Jon (Admin) to move this thread over to the Tech section. It's an early Bronco suspension question, so very much pertinent and not really an Off Topic request at all.

Just thinking you might get more views and action over there.

Paul

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
Super lift is a very different company than Skyjacker.

I suspect their springs are rather different.

But they ain't like the 9/10/11 leaf packs we all like so,much.