• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Lift for 44's.......

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
bronco driver's orange crush started out on 44's. don't remember how much lift it had, but one of the back issues will say.

Attachments

• BD 44's.JPG
    BD 44's.JPG
    75.4 KB · Views: 31
OP
OP
O

OX1

Bronco Guru
I am running un-cut fenders with 42's. I took 26" out of the grill. It's not really "bobbed" at all, 50" at the widest part. I have 5.5" coils in the front. Used to run 5.5" leafs in the back but changed to a 4 link. If you tuck them in far enough you dont need any lift.;D

Nice!!! or out far enough, I guess............. :p

OP
OP
O

OX1

Bronco Guru
Here are some EBs I have run across over the years with 44s:

The first two EBs in the photos squeeze 44s under them with 6-7" suspension lifts and 3" body lifts, but those were old stiff springs back in the 80s that didn't allow any flex.

The silver halfcab EB used a 4-link with who knows how much lift to fit those 54 boggers under it.

I bought a new set of 44 Ground Hawgs in 1993 to put on my yellow '76 and installed the 7" + 3" combo, but decided that for a daily driver, 44s just weren't practicle (yeah, why didn't I think of that before shelling out the dough for the tires in the first place.....) ;D

GOOD LUCK!

Thanks, I know I won't be doing any body lift. With 4.5 ish lift taken out of the susp equation from the mogs, I want it all susp lift (whatever I have left). I guess I'll try 2.5-3 first, that will give me 7-7.5 effective lift overall.
If more hacking needs to be done, so be it.

1Ton73

Loc.
Roseburg, Oregon
I might be a little late here, but I am running a 5.5" suspension and a 2" body lift, 11" dovetail in the rear, extensive fender cutting and 44's fit fine. Up-travel is limited, but not bad.

I plan on stretching the wheelbase out a bit which will help. With more sheetmetal work (bigger wheel wells in the rear, narrowing the front) I think I can get more up-travel out of it eventually.

Jim Cole was my motivation to run 44's, as he did on his yellow Bronco for a long time and it worked great.

SpareParts

Bronco Guru
I run 5.5 Cage lift and a 2" body lift with 40" Pitbull Rockers. The front is pushed forward 1" as is the rear back 1". I have a measured 36" of travel with 30 lbs. of air in the tires. My front inner fenders are V cut to allow more flex. The rear is where I run into my issues and will stuff into the inner fenders like in the pic below.

Attachments

• MOEB BBQ 3.27.2010 043 (Medium).jpg
    MOEB BBQ 3.27.2010 043 (Medium).jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 26
  • MOEB BBQ 3.27.2010 040 (Medium).jpg
    MOEB BBQ 3.27.2010 040 (Medium).jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 26
  • Clearaning for 40's and testing 055 (Medium).jpg
    Clearaning for 40's and testing 055 (Medium).jpg
    62 KB · Views: 22

KyleQ

Bronco Guru
Rock on man - I guess I should expect to get similar amount of flex as we run the same setup... Neat :)