• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Lift Off Hinges w/Power Windows

G

I'm going to add the BC Power Window Kit to my steel doors but also plan on converting to Lift Off hinges. How do I getting away from running a bunch of wires which will cause a 'mess' when I lift off the doors? Are there any kind of "switches" such as a mini-van sliding door switch (I am told) that will make contact when the doors are closed yet won't have any wiring which will have to be unhooked when I lift off the doors?<br><br>If not----perhaps Chuck or someone could fab something up?

Explore74

Loc.
Lubbock, TX
check out the fuse rating for the window motors first, then look at the kind of power that goes through those spring loaded contacts. my tahoe has rear window defrost and a lock solenoid, and it has a stack of 4 contacts on either side. You might try to find out how much continuous power they will handle before welding themselves together. I think installing a plug in the A-pillar would be a longer lasting install. you can get plugs in all kinds of orientations from lots of companies. check McMaster Carr for some examples.

IowaMike

Bronco Guru
I think LMC Truck has something like that in their catalog also.

Newt

Check the Classic Truck--Street Rod type magazines. Lots of adds for that kind of stuff.

OP
OP
G

BIG HELP Fellows----THANKS. Looks like Painless Wiring has just what I'm looking for.

OP
OP
G

[quote author=madgyver link=board=5;threadid=12288;start=0#91267 date=1039827964]<br>Do you have A/C to go along with those power windows?<br>[/quote]<br><br>OK -- I've read enough of your posts to know you are pickin' on me :( !! Yes, I am adding AC to this Bronco but it is my restoration dream to also include: Centech Harness, Fiberglass Body, Dakota Digital, PS, Tilt, 4 whl disk brakes, frame-off, Rancho RS9000, AT (rebuilt C4), Rebuilt Rear End and Transfer Case, All new lines, hoses etc, etc----you know, the typical rebuild with WAY TOO much $$$ involved.<br><br>Good News --- I'll still continue to drive my BONE STOCK '71 w/absolutely NO power anything (except the rebuilt V8) that I've been driving for the past 12 years.<br><br>Oh, I liked your x-mas pictures---never been to Hawaii. Interested in housing myself, wife and 4 week old Son for a few weeks?

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
LTB,<br> I'm not picking on you. I just asked because if I was to install A/C in my EB I would also install P/W and it would be the same the other way around. 8)<br><br><br> Register your name and become member..<br><br><br> madgyver

ken75ranger

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Troy, NY
Oh, I liked your x-mas pictures---never been to Hawaii. Interested in housing myself, wife and 4 week old Son for a few weeks? <br>Just remember if you make room for him you have to make room for all of us. ;D

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
[quote author=ken75ranger link=board=5;threadid=12288;start=0#91413 date=1039905587]<br>Oh, I liked your x-mas pictures---never been to Hawaii. Interested in housing myself, wife and 4 week old Son for a few weeks? <br>Just remember if you make room for him you have to make room for all of us. ;D<br>[/quote] <br>It must be really cold in New York..... ;D 8)

Waverous

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Aurora, CO
Tangent <br>Madgyver, almost moved to Honolulu. I was offered a teaching position at Kapiolani a couple of years ago - couldn't quite coordinate everything