• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

lift options?

vegasbronco1

Loc.
Las Vegas, Nevada
Curently my bronco has the stock suspension with 31's. I am looking to run 33's and nothing more. I am doing a 1" body lift and already have proto fab front shock hoops.

Curently my bronco sags in the back pretty bad due to the BC broncos 24 gal gas tank and skid plate, tool box mounted behind the rear seat and an aftermarket tire carrier/bumper, which holds a full size spare and soon 2 5gal jerry cans. Even with the hard top off it sags pretty bad.

I was thinking about going with 2 1/2" coils and 3 1/2" 11 leaf packs. Hopefully that will sit even with the hard top on. It wouldn't bug me if it would be a little higher in the rear with the hard top off. I just don't like the way it looks saging, and have already draged the gas tank skip plate more than I would like.

I was wondering what luck other people have had doing something similar and also if that would be a suffecient lift for 33's with the body lift.

thanks for the help

Pirate EB

Loc.
Cary, NC
Sounds good to me. You will fit 33s no problem. I'm running 2" suspension/2" body with 35x15.50s no problem.

72bronco

Bronco Guru
I run 33" tires and have BC Broncos 3-1/2" rear springs and 3-1/2" front coils. My bronco also has a rear bumper with tire carrier, a full size spare, a 24 gallon tank with a skid plate, and a tool box behind the rear seat. With that setup my truck sits nice and level. It could be that your old springs are old and saggy. If you go with shorter coils in front with new springs in the rear you may end up with a bronco that looks like a stink bug with the rear end sticking up in the air. Talk to the vendor and get their opinion before you buy.

Mark

Contributor
Bronco Klutz
Loc.
NW Indiana
I don't think you want to go with 2" coils in the front and 3 1/2" 11pack leafs in the rear.
That will make your rear end look really high. The 11 packs will handle the heavy bumper, fuel tank, and tools. Should not sag, unless they are bad leafs.

OP
OP
V

vegasbronco1

Loc.
Las Vegas, Nevada
Alright well thanks for the help that pretty much answered my question. I am leaning more twords the 2 1/2 because I heard with the 3 1/2 you run into problems with the driveshafts being to short, and I am not really ready to spring for new ds also. Is that true or not?

I also don't want too much inner fender showing. So I am thinking with the 1" body lift and 2 1/2" suspension I should be ok.

And yes my fenders are cut.