• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on. - Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

TX lil help

Status
Not open for further replies.

tolbert

I spoke to the owner today- he bought the Bronco new in 73. He says the rockers and tailgate have rust and that he patched the passenger side floor with galvenized steel (rust). He says it hasnt been driven in years but that everything should be mechanically sound with some minor repairs from sitting.

Is it worth a 90 mile drive to look at? Have any of you seen this rig in person? Is it too far gone even at 2K?

http://oklahomacity.craigslist.org/cto/4064524782.html

Velocity Rest.

Here is my 2 cents. It really all depends on what you are trying to do with it. It needs a lot of replacement panels and floor pans due to the rust. You will spend a lot of time and money getting those things right. Then the motor and transmission even if the motor was solid when it was parked I would bet that the seals, from sitting out side, are cracked and rotted and you will spend a lot of time and money just chasing all that down let alone any motor or transmission problems. I am not trying to deter you because my first Bronco was very close to that but I realized when I was elbows deep into it that I would have been leaps and bounds ahead just buying a straighter Bronco. You are in a great area to find a great deal on a runner-driver. I was just in Austin, TX last week buying a Bronco. If you want to call me tomorrow I can help you out further with any questions, my number is 251-232-2908.

OP
OP
T

tolbert

Velocity, all good points, thanks. I'll give you a shout tomorrow.

mefast

Loc.
Southern Ontario
I've been in a similar situation as you looking for a Bronco. Since they are somewhat hard to come by in certain areas I understand wanting to jump on one that's for sale. From other's advice on here, it makes a lot of sense to wait for one that will suit your needs/wants. Speaking of which, does this Bronco have the equipment and packages that you're looking for? Is having a matching vin and engine important to you? What do you see yourself using the Bronco for? There's plenty of info on this website and many others that describe the differences over the years. Make sure you find one that's right for you.

BigToe

Need to sell because of sickness? His or the Bronco's? :cry:
Lookin' for an EB, especially your first can be pretty nerve racking, I know. In my case I wanted something that wasn't going directly into the garage with a chance of never coming out. Be sure you want to get involved in complete, from square one rebuild. Lots of dough and lots of time to commit.
Good luck and happy hunting.:)

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Since this one's not running, I still don't think it's worth what he's asking. Be patient and you can do better.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Since this one's not running, I still don't think it's worth what he's asking. Be patient and you can do better.

X2, or if a restoration is in your plans, Think about offering $1k cash....

OP
OP
T

tolbert

don't have the time nor the inclination for a major project. Thanks for all of the good advice.

I'm not looking for show quality but rather an old school classic rig that Runs and has all the right elements to be a collectors item ( not interested in a baja buggy or jacked up rig at all). It will be used on the weekends with family to cruise around at a hunting/ fishing club in East Texas- not off
road.

It will hopefully be the first vehicle I have owned that will be an appreciating asset...and that my friends is an understatement.

Thanks again for all of your help. Glad I found this place!

mefast

Loc.
Southern Ontario
Good luck and post up when you do buy one. It's tough trying to track one down only to look at it and see it's rotten. Keep at it though and eventually it will pay off.

mini73

I'm looking for a bronco also. Thought about this one also. I asked these guys on here and they know what they are talking about. I decided not to even think about this one even if I offered lower amout of money. It would just take to long to do the things you want. I'm wanting the same thing also. A good runner and something I can work on from time to time. I've seen a lot of examples of broncos you can buy so far and they come and go pretty quickly. Just keep looking ( like I am still) and eventually you will find one that is good for your needs.

Billsboat

Loc.
Rowlett tx
Hey Tolbert, I'm in rowlett tx, took me about 6 months to find what I wanted. I started out looking at rigs in the 5 k range, knowing that I wanted something that I could tinker with. While handy, I know I don't have the skill or time for major restorations, and anything I looked at in that price point needed more body work than I wanted to deal with, knowing I would have to pay someone else to do it. My suggestions is keep looking, they r out there. Keep us updated on what u get.

Status
Not open for further replies.