• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

lime squeeze met.

joshd1971bronco

Loc.
Oklahoma City, OK
Man, that's such a personal thing. It's all up to you. What kind of 'personality' do you want the bronco to have? Are you doing an all-original restoration or a wild highly modified rock crawler with a blower sticking out the hood.

In my opinion, you need to match the color to the personality of the truck that you're going for.

Do you want your truck to say "Hi, I'm a vintage ford fan and I honored the original bronco by doing an original restoration with no modifications"? In that case, paint it an original color.

If you're some crazy hillbilly ;D and you are doing something more radical, then you can get away with louder colors.

BUT - in the end, YOU have to like it.

TheLimeRanger

i think it looks awesome honestly! my truck is "samoa lime" and its similar but not quite the same. when its time to paint mine, which i suspect will be in about 50 years at the rate im going, i might just go that route.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
My boat is getting redone this summer (I know, but it started last winter) and it is getting "moss green". I saw a cube, looked at the flats and the tight radius body lines and liked how it played with the color. For my vintage '61 boat I am hoping it will look good. A Bronco has a similer body shape (lots of mostly flat and a tight radius for curves) so it should play with the light in a very similer fashion. A modern version of a retro color.

That new Ford green is a bit loud. Probably not right for a resto, but for a restomod and further custom is could be a good choice.

The thing is I grew up in the late 70's in a green house, parents drove green cars. Green shag carpet, green walls, green (avacado) fridge, green dishes. I hated green, swore I would never do anything green, ever! My last house was green, My christmas lights are all green (special order), I just painted a room in the new house green (with help from parental labor no less), and I am doing my boat in green. I guess green isn't such a bad color.

roundhouse

Bronco Guru
My boat is getting redone this summer (I know, but it started last winter) and it is getting "moss green". I saw a cube, looked at the flats and the tight radius body lines and liked how it played with the color. For my vintage '61 boat I am hoping it will look good. A Bronco has a similer body shape (lots of mostly flat and a tight radius for curves) so it should play with the light in a very similer fashion. A modern version of a retro color.

That new Ford green is a bit loud. Probably not right for a resto, but for a restomod and further custom is could be a good choice.

The thing is I grew up in the late 70's in a green house, parents drove green cars. Green shag carpet, green walls, green (avacado) fridge, green dishes. I hated green, swore I would never do anything green, ever! My last house was green, My christmas lights are all green (special order), I just painted a room in the new house green (with help from parental labor no less), and I am doing my boat in green. I guess green isn't such a bad color.

We got rid of the Harvest Gold tiolet & sink in one bathoom, but the other one still has the Avacado Green tub & toilet. Mostly cause its too much work to swap out the tub.

PS,, post pics of the boat!