• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Line X, black color is best dealer says

myscott22

Loc.
Klamath Falls, OR.
Has anyone had a gray spray in linner for a few years? The Line X dealer came by my place today and gave me a quote and said stay with Black color as the gray that I wanted he said will fade much worse that the black. Looking for any fading problems with the gray out there.

Brewbro21

My company has two gray spray in in the back of pickups for about 4 years now. Now fading as of yet that I can see.

I also plan to use the gray from line-ex here in a month or two. The dealer I went to said there is no difference in the fading between the black or gray.

He did say however that to do different colors then black would require that they, line-ex, completly clean out their sprayers and etc...as to not contaminate the two colors, that might be why he did not want you to use the gray.

As for the fading go for the color you want.

chromeyellow

Loc.
Lecompte, Louisiana
I Work At A Chebby Dealership That Sprays In Reflex Bedliners. It Comes Clear And The Color Is Added. Black, Blue, Red, Grey, Pewter,orange, Yellow. How Could Grey Fade More Than Black?

Brewbro21

With line-ex it doesn't matter what color it is to make a difference in hiding anything. Line-ex literally goes on about a 1/4 of an inch where as the others Rhino and bullhide, I know from first hand, go on a lot thinner. Line-ex will hide, and has a more consistant texture.

green50gt

Loc.
Goshen, IN
I disagree with 1/4 statement....Anyway, I will never waste my money with LinX again. I had them pray a Rhunk bumper for my 97 Wrangler, they were very generous in how much they put on, definitely more than rhino. First trip to the badlands, bounced off a rock, tore a big chunk right out of it. So I took it back, they sprayed it for free.(warranty) This time, they sprayed it twice as thick as they did the first time. Which was cool. I didn't make it back to the badlands before I sold the jeep, however It was very very soft, scraped quite a bit off by pushing another vehicle into my budies garage, and when you would push on the stuff, water would come out....

Anyways, my opinion..Good service, cheap price, bad product. Rhino all the way.

Broncoman

Bronco Guru
green50gt said:
I disagree with 1/4 statement....Anyway, I will never waste my money with LinX again. I had them pray a Rhunk bumper for my 97 Wrangler, they were very generous in how much they put on, definitely more than rhino. First trip to the badlands, bounced off a rock, tore a big chunk right out of it. So I took it back, they sprayed it for free.(warranty) This time, they sprayed it twice as thick as they did the first time. Which was cool. I didn't make it back to the badlands before I sold the jeep, however It was very very soft, scraped quite a bit off by pushing another vehicle into my budies garage, and when you would push on the stuff, water would come out....

Anyways, my opinion..Good service, cheap price, bad product. Rhino all the way.

I have to totally dissagree with you about how soft Line-x is. My Line-x is a hell of alot tuffer than the rhino liner my friend has in his tacoma.

It may depend on the person that sprays the liner as to which is better. I also know that when it is sprayed that the moisture in the air has to be just right.