• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

lining

americanhorses

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Clovis, California
[quote author=greasergrrl link=board=5;threadid=8966;start=15#64742 date=1031937142]<br>[quote author=swood link=board=5;threadid=8966;start=15#64572 date=1031880998]<br>Just my opinion here, but I think the "best" one that I have seen is Line-X. [/quote]<br><br> - i may just throw some carpet back there and take everything else out and line it in january when i have the money.<br><br>my soft top comes next week! :)<br>[/quote]<br><br>A word of caution and my .02<br>Carpet holds the moisture. I created surface rust on mine from carpet :(

J-DUB

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Edmonds
<br>A word of caution and my .02<br>Carpet holds the moisture. I created surface rust on mine from carpet :(<br>
<br><br>I agree 100%, I had the stock Bronco rubber mat and low and behold lovely rust holes in the floor pans. Just POR 15 the whole thing. It will look much better all one color anyways.

OP
OP
greasergrrl

greasergrrl

Loc.
Redmond, WA
[quote author=J-DUB link=board=5;threadid=8966;start=15#64752 date=1031940903]<br>
<br>A word of caution and my .02<br>Carpet holds the moisture. I created surface rust on mine from carpet :(<br>
<br><br>I agree 100%, I had the stock Bronco rubber mat and low and behold lovely rust holes in the floor pans. Just POR 15 the whole thing. It will look much better all one color anyways.<br>[/quote]<br><br>well i just didn't want to waste a lot of time por15ing the whole thing and then line-xing it if i didn't have to. i'm going to get a quote on line-x and see what comes of that.

moabers

Loc.
SLC, UTAH
Wouldn't POR15 have to be covered in some way though? From what I have seen, it is a super smooth, slippery surface. Does it always turn out that way, or does it have enough surface texture to offer some footing? <br>I have seen moisture from carpet eat away other bed liners (I am not sure which brands), I would expect that POR15 would hold up to it though?

OP
OP
greasergrrl

greasergrrl

Loc.
Redmond, WA
[quote author=moabers link=board=5;threadid=8966;start=15#64860 date=1031964315]<br>Wouldn't POR15 have to be covered in some way though? From what I have seen, it is a super smooth, slippery surface. Does it always turn out that way, or does it have enough surface texture to offer some footing? <br>I have seen moisture from carpet eat away other bed liners (I am not sure which brands), I would expect that POR15 would hold up to it though?<br>[/quote]<br><br>In another tread I read that you can POR 15 it and then put a coat of POR 15 primer on and then put liner on top of that.<br><br>I'm still curious if I'd have to POR15 it and then do LineX - I'm going to call up Kanopy Kingdom tomorrow to see what their process is too (they are cheap!) http://www.kanopykingdom.com/id17.htm