• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Little Help Needed - Radiator and electric fan

OP
OP
shutch4251

shutch4251

Loc.
Monroe
Wanted to finish off this post. Received the delta PAG fan, installed, and operational! Thanks for all the great advice!

PDQ

Contributor
shutch, did you go with a shroud at all? And did you use the through the rad ties or fab mounts at all?

Thanks for the follow up on the thread.

OP
OP
shutch4251

shutch4251

Loc.
Monroe
No shroud. Didn’t have the space. I used radiator fan ties to secure and went with the radiator probe vs the npt thermostat.

My initial manifold was too tall to close the hood at 5 1/2” plus didn’t have the correct number of ports for thermostats. I swapped out with an edlebrock at 4 1/2” which gave me an 1” lower and additional port. I now have a port for the efi and a port for the dash gauge.

I also had to fabricate aluminum straps to secure radiator to grill. The old factory radiator mounts did not fit well. This allowed me to pull back the radiator another 1/4”.

I also replaced 12 point pulley bolts with pan head to reduced head size for more clearance.

I now have about 1” of space between fan and pulleys.

ba123

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
CA
16" or 18" fan?

1" is more than enough room for a shroud and you're likely gonna need it. The one I used is only1/2".

There is always a way to make temp senders work, you don't need 3 of them. In most cases you can set them up to share the same sender.

If you go EFI and Dakota Digital for your dash, it's the easiest since you can get a BIM unit and have all the efi sensors send the data to the dash.