• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

little history on my '66 U13

OP
OP
Gas Pig

Gas Pig

Contributor
Bronco Guru
After Wyman received the Nylint Bronco he sent this picture with much thanks and appreciation. Also a little description of the picture. "I'm standing in the very spot were I bought the Bronco 46 years ago at the old service station."

How cool is that!!!

What I also noticed being a roadster guy myself, Wyman took the picture of the Nylint Bronco with the windshield folded down. Only a true U13 guy would think to do that! ;)

Thanks for listening to my bit of history about my U13!

Attachments

• IMG_1745.jpg
    IMG_1745.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 142

Blue71

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Awesome Jeff...just awesome! Wonderful story

Andy
Blue71

ford man

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Leesburg Ga
Yes this was a very cool story that I am sure will continue. I think you should right a book so we can all buy a hard copy.Heck while your at it make a movie I am sure it would gross millions at the box office. I thank that was really cool idea to send the toy restored to him.

SP66

Bronco Guru
Just read the whole thread this morning over coffee. Great story--got chills when you mentioned the pic of him with the roadster windshield down like a true roadster owner. Something about these Broncos.

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
GREAT read Jeff! even better with the Nylint too.....wyman is a cool dude

OP
OP
Gas Pig

Gas Pig

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Thanks guys but I hope I didn't ramble on and on to much! My wife is always on my case about that! lol

I'm not so sure about a book deal then turn it into a movie that would gross millions in the box office idea (do I wish... think of all the bronco I could restore;D;D;D) but what is way cool about this truck unlike all my other trucks I'v owned to stories I get from it. I don't just mean Wyman's or mine and our connection but other people's story about their Bronco.

One time while at Autozone I jumped out of the roadster to go buy something. I noticed an older black woman snapped turned her head sitting in the passenger seat. Then popped right out of her car and stated to walk to me. She said, "is that a '67 Bronco." I said, "well... it's a '66 but the '67's and '66's almost the same." She said, "why doesn't the front fender have the Bronco name on it?" "Oh... this was an old ranching truck from Texas. I'm sure it just fell off at sometime." As she was walking around the Bronco she got to the passenger side (the nicer side of the truck with the fender badge with intact) she cracked a big smile and point to the fender badge, "there it is." She then leaned into the Bronco and asked, " 4 x 4 shifter" pointing to the T-case shifter and then looked at the column, "three speed column shift...right?" "Yep" I stated. While nodding her head, "it's been a long time but I drove a '67 Bronco while on base... we used it as are run around truck." I jumped right in, "well... do you want to take it for a spin for old time sake???" She said, "oh.. I really couldn't." I said , "sure you could... why not???" She, "oh... I really couldn't!" I could her it in her voice she really wanted too! I quickly said, "well, how about I drive and we take a quick trip around the block while they (pointing to the people she came with) are getting parts." She laughed and said, "oh no I... I can't my husband would be mad because we're in a hurry." She thanked me for the offer and I thanked her for the story and her service in the military! Shortly after we shook hands her and her family left and I want and got my parts!

When I saw her eyes light up while looking at my old truck I knew a flood of old forgotten memories rushed right in for her! The smile on her face was priceless when she saw the Bronco fender badge! You know she had great memories with '67 bronco she drove!

Would I have gotten the same reaction if I was driving one of my other trucks. I would yes but also no... there is enough patina in the truck that makes this truck approachable. When I think of former Bronco owners I bet most of their trucks had the ware and tare on it like my roadster. The patina just screams, "I have a story to tell" (not me but the bronco) with each dent and scare was backed by some kind of adventure in it's life! If only the Bronco(s) could talk, what would we really learn from them??? The funny thing is the guy I bought it from was the son of the 3rd owner who got it after Wyman. The son told me it was his dad's favorite little truck. He too has a story for each dent he put in it. What more could I learn from Mr. Cox too?

Needless to say I would never found any of this out if I wasn't a Bronco geek and had been bored on a Sat. Most people wouldn't have spent their time just looking through countless number of other people's Bronco "roadster" pictures (which most are even real U13's) but I I'm sure glad I did! What a treasure I un-earthed in my boredom!;D

NGABronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
N. GA now South Carolina
Needless to say I would never found any of this out if I wasn't a Bronco geek and had been bored on a Sat. Most people wouldn't have spent their time just looking through countless number of other people's Bronco "roadster" pictures (which most are even real U13's) but I I'm sure glad I did! What a treasure I un-earthed in my boredom!;D[/QUOTE]

Hey love the story Gas Pig and I hate to tell you this but a lot of us do those kind of things on Sat!!!! I spent 3 hours one Sat. morn. listening to a gent that bought a 74' EB new and owned it for 27 years tell me stories about it and the adventures he had had with it!!! A couple bought it from him, had it
2 years, another guy had it 6 months and then I got it. I had it 2 years and should never have sold it!!! It was the first EB that I took to a car show/meet & greet... The First Annual North GA M&G!!!;D;D;D

Attachments

• DSCN0862.JPG
    DSCN0862.JPG
    191.4 KB · Views: 88

bax

Contributor
Old Member
good story nice to have the history of your bronco. Is this Wyman guy famous or something?

66Bronco

Very cool Bronco with a great history. Thanks for sharing. I'm so glad you managed to find and hook up with him. I love seeing pictures of the Roadsters being used back in the day.

OP
OP
Gas Pig

Gas Pig

Contributor
Bronco Guru
A little info on the 2nd owner of my U13

I know thread went a little cold but I just got this sent to me by Wyman. He said, that I'll appreciate a photo that appears later in the film. I guess Yeti wanted to use in with all the other pictures that Wyman took.

Someday I hope to get the chance to meet him in person. He also told that if I would ever make it out his way that he would take me everywhere the Roadster had been. The ultimate dream would be freshen up the U13 then take back to TX so we can actually go where Bronco had been in the Bronco. :cool:

Anyways here is the link to the short Yeti film on Wyman. Look for the special pic around 6:25.
https://stories.yeti.com/story/chasing-light

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
That's awesome thanks for sharing!!!!! Would be cool to take it back to Texas for sure.

eaglenest66

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Jeff, that is just damn cool! You should definitely make a trip to see him and his "office". I would imagine not too many like him around?! Where about is he located?