• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Lock-Right Locker

rjrobin2002

Bronco Guru
I have heard good from Richmond gears. Anyone have a Lock-Right in the front dana 44? I have 35's and power steering with twin stick.

Oatmeal

I have had an L.A. Locker (that's what they were called when they first came out) in my D44 for about 16 years now. I run 35s with 4.09s and an NP435 and it's held up great. It has even survived a couple of broken axles with no ill effects......I've heard that the shock of an axle breaking can take out a Detroit! The strength limiting factor is the stock carrier as the locker parts themselves, are quite strong--------Hans

Broncobowsher

Total hack
I put one in a new carrier as a temporary locker until I figured what selectable I wanted. It never came out. It too survived a couple snapped U-joints with no ill effects.

Biggest Issue I have noticed is putting them in worn carriers. The clearances don't come out right and you hear complaints about there actions

dbruce9035

Loc.
Hutto, TX
I've had the lock right w/35 bfg in mine for years with no problems. If you constantly run on solid rock you could have some problems long term.