• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Lock-Right Model #2410 Install

hmaspec

Just opened package and noted on the install sheet for Ford IFS that" the C-Clip used to retain one front axle cannot be used and a spring is required to be fitted at the outer end ofthe axle to prevent the axle from floating out on the splines." Anyone familar with this and how you did it, pictures would help too!
Thanks in advance Howard;D

SpareParts

Bronco Guru
In an TTB or IFS front, the axle is a 2 piece design. The part that goes into the carrier is held in by a C-clip. The other piece is attached by a slip yoke and then to the u-joint and then to the outer stub shaft. When the suspension travels up and down the the axles slid apart at the slip yoke. If a C-clip is not installed the axle can pull out of the carrier, if a spring is not installed between the two shafts. This will put pressure on the inner shaft and hold it into the carrier.

OP
OP
hmaspec

hmaspec

:-[ :-[ Thanks guys I guess I read pass the IFS part and focused on the c-clip and spring issue. Boy now I feel how I look!

Thanks and ALOHA from Hawaii Howard;D