• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Lokar Throttle & Kick Down Install w/EFI

airbur

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Castle Pines, CO
Thought I'd post up some pics and info. I was hesitant about going with these as others said there were install issues. Only mod I had to make was the kick down connector on the C4 had to be bent out slightly. This was needed because I'm using a B&M shifter linkage.

The curve out of the firewall isn't that bad as it wraps around the rear of the intake. The length of both cables is fine and give you room to cut depending on your install.

I haven't tested them in use yet but will soon. The bracket uses the stock Mustang EGR delete spacer holes. You want to talk with Duff though and tell them what type of attachment your particular throttle body uses for the cable.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365946030.268469.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365946167.763878.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365946195.855888.jpg

Mountain Ram

Contributor
Recovering Masshole
Loc.
Abingdon, VA
Glad that worked out for you. Since I have been driving mine- I have no issues with the throttle cable- it is very smooth. I didn't get the kick down yet, I went with the black cables and the kick down was out of

My throttle cable is really close to the trick flow crankcase vent/oil fill tube and from what i saw the linkage instructions, I don't think I will have room for the kick down. I think the tall valve covers are causing an issue here.

OP
OP
airbur

airbur

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Castle Pines, CO
I'm not using any of the Explorer stuff and I also have a 1" spacer under the upper manifold.....so no issues there.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365949504.711300.jpg

Mountain Ram

Contributor
Recovering Masshole
Loc.
Abingdon, VA
I have the 1" spacer and BBK TB. Your valve covers angle the oil fill Tube out... Mine has it closer to the intake and points straight up...

Thanks for the additional pic.