• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Lonestar Early Bronco Club Spring Roundup!!

tx1ton

Loc.
Boerne, TX
Hey hey hey!! We all just got back from the best darned Roundup we've ever gotten together. This one was the LEBC's biggest yet, with ~50 Bronco's from Texas and a few other surrounding areas like Arkansas and Louisiana! Some beautiful broncos - even a genuine Stroppe from up in Dallas - and some monsters of the steep and deep! We had fun galore! We had Carnage on the Rocks of Katemcy, we had roll-overs, we had broken axles, Steering systems were dropping like flies, I personally have to beef up my newly pretzeled tie rods (though if we'd had enough wire Lee would've welded on a heck of a nice Crescent wrench to strengthen it just fine - that's a story for later), we had Music, BBQ, Sand Pit drag races, A phenomenol raffle with the gracious help of our most generous sponsors, and we even had the folks from Bronco Driver documenting it all!!

I'm wiped out from the 5 hour haul back to Dallas, unloading, and getting cleaned up a bit but wanted to start this post going - I'm throwing on a few "Teaser" shots to get everyone's juices flowing - more to follow and I'm sure others who were there will pile on too!

Later!

Attachments

• Spring LEBC Roundup 015.jpg
    Spring LEBC Roundup 015.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 177
  • Spring LEBC Roundup 169.jpg
    Spring LEBC Roundup 169.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 158
  • Spring LEBC Roundup 149.jpg
    Spring LEBC Roundup 149.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 101
  • Spring LEBC Roundup 130.jpg
    Spring LEBC Roundup 130.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 121
  • Spring LEBC Roundup 081.jpg
    Spring LEBC Roundup 081.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 112
  • Spring LEBC Roundup 056.jpg
    Spring LEBC Roundup 056.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 106
  • Spring LEBC Roundup 040.jpg
    Spring LEBC Roundup 040.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 167
  • Spring LEBC Roundup 026.jpg
    Spring LEBC Roundup 026.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 110
  • Spring LEBC Roundup 199.jpg
    Spring LEBC Roundup 199.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 108

TexasBronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Waterford, MI
hahah wow I can't beleive my torn pants made it to be one of the FIRST pics loaded....the story there is it started as a small tear and then after trying to goose it over an obstacle I look down to see it from belt line to knee....so I did what any real man would do and Duct taped them together and kept wheeling!! I broke a u-joint but did compete in the RTI contest and Sand drags in 2/3 wheel drive. The most breaks happened in the sand drags includeing a radiator being sucked into the fan and an unscheduled full axle conversion both of which I have action shots over!

Attachments

• 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    124.8 KB · Views: 140
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    110.6 KB · Views: 149
  • 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    143.2 KB · Views: 212
  • rad.JPG
    rad.JPG
    35.1 KB · Views: 111
  • rad2.JPG
    rad2.JPG
    88.7 KB · Views: 98
  • full.JPG
    full.JPG
    31.3 KB · Views: 90
  • u-joint.JPG
    u-joint.JPG
    54.3 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:
OP
OP
tx1ton

tx1ton

Loc.
Boerne, TX
Well I was thinking zip ties and bailing wire might have worked too but you definitely were a sight in the "trail fixed Levis" ;D %) ;) :p ...here's another few...

Attachments

• Spring LEBC Roundup 136.jpg
    Spring LEBC Roundup 136.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 122
  • Spring LEBC Roundup 158.jpg
    Spring LEBC Roundup 158.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 144
  • Spring LEBC Roundup 121.jpg
    Spring LEBC Roundup 121.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 90
  • Spring LEBC Roundup 066.jpg
    Spring LEBC Roundup 066.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 128
  • Spring LEBC Roundup 024.jpg
    Spring LEBC Roundup 024.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 71
  • Spring LEBC Roundup 016.jpg
    Spring LEBC Roundup 016.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 88
  • Spring LEBC Roundup 006.jpg
    Spring LEBC Roundup 006.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 109

Baja71

Bronco Guru
This was, BY FAR, the best automotive event I've ever been invited too! Thanks everyone!

Attachments

• katemcy 032.jpg
    katemcy 032.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 64
  • katemcy 035.jpg
    katemcy 035.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 78
  • katemcy 022.jpg
    katemcy 022.jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 70
  • katemcy 030.jpg
    katemcy 030.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 72
  • katemcy 020.jpg
    katemcy 020.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 69
  • katemcy 015.jpg
    katemcy 015.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 56
  • katemcy 003.jpg
    katemcy 003.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 57
  • katemcy 019.jpg
    katemcy 019.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 82

coachbarnes

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Franktown/Breck, CO
dang it! looks like ya'll had a blast -- Next year The o'l girl will be ready...I can't say I'll have her smashin' boulders -- (think I'll hang out with the Stroppe!) But just seein' all those great trucks in one location and settlin' in for some bbq and cervesa is my kind of weekend! Well done! keep the pics flowin'.

Hey TexasBronco -- do you currently attend Tech?

Gummi Bear

Bronco Guru
WOW!!!

What a weekend. My family and I had a ton of fun. We finally pulled into town around 7:00 Sunday evening, after a visit with my folks on the way home. I am pretty happy with how my Bronco held up, I was fully expecting it to crap out on me at some point. Big thanks to Joe for the rear springs, I wouldn't have even made it out there if it weren't for him. Bec had a really good time, and drove about half the time out there, she confessed to me on Saturday afternoon after we had made it back to camp that she wanted a Bronco of her own. She had a really good time, and so did my daughter (we celebrated her 2nd birthday on the trails) The sand drags were a freakin hoot, that was fun to watch, the ramp competition was pretty fun as well. A big thanks to the Kruse's for having us out to their place for a really great weekend. Katemcy Rocks!

Attachments

• Bec racing Julie.JPG
    Bec racing Julie.JPG
    145.3 KB · Views: 75
  • Becca Driving1.JPG
    Becca Driving1.JPG
    149.5 KB · Views: 136
  • Group Picture.JPG
    Group Picture.JPG
    136.4 KB · Views: 76
  • P4300113.JPG
    P4300113.JPG
    147.9 KB · Views: 73
  • P4300099.JPG
    P4300099.JPG
    138.4 KB · Views: 53
  • P4300163.JPG
    P4300163.JPG
    148.3 KB · Views: 64
  • P4300164.JPG
    P4300164.JPG
    149.7 KB · Views: 84

Gummi Bear

Bronco Guru
coachbarnes said:
Hey TexasBronco -- do you currently attend Tech?

If nothing else, you need to come out and watch him drive. Lots of enthusiasm, and a really good sport about it, it was good to finally meet him.

coachbarnes

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Franktown/Breck, CO
I'm definitely comin' out...matter of fact, I tossed an old copy of BD magazine to my wife this weekend -- it had a story about a group of EB's that took a 9 day trip across the border..I said "what do ya think"? she said "whatever"..so I took that to mean she's all over it and highly enthused about the possibility! Maybe we could do a trip like that from Tejas? I should have joined you guys this weekend -- I've got a j**p sitting out back that I wouldn't mind bangin' around, but I didn't want to embarass myself around a bunch of EB guys (and gals and li'l ones)!

Gummi -- which truck is yours? red or orange?

ET

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I'm green with envy.. Wish I'd could of gone also. Need more pix.

Gummi Bear

Bronco Guru
coachbarnes said:
I'm definitely comin' out...matter of fact, I tossed an old copy of BD magazine to my wife this weekend -- it had a story about a group of EB's that took a 9 day trip across the border..I said "what do ya think"? she said "whatever"..so I took that to mean she's all over it and highly enthused about the possibility! Maybe we could do a trip like that from Tejas? I should have joined you guys this weekend -- I've got a j**p sitting out back that I wouldn't mind bangin' around, but I didn't want to embarass myself around a bunch of EB guys (and gals and li'l ones)!

Gummi -- which truck is yours? red or orange?

Mine's orange.

ET said:
I'm green with envy.. Wish I'd could of gone also. Need more pix.

I'll post more pics when I get a chance to do some more resizing. I have about 115 to go through. I missed out on pics of the trail on Sunday, and all of the events on Saturday night.

Famous Potato

Hey guys. Wanted to drop a note and say what fun we had this weekend. This was the best Bronco event yet. Really enjoyed the guys from Arkansas and hope they go home and bring some other guy's back to TX soon. Sand drags are always a blast and what a way to end the day.
Thanks again for choosing Katemcy for your event.

Randy Kruse

TexasBronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Waterford, MI
Gummi Bear said:
If nothing else, you need to come out and watch him drive. Lots of enthusiasm, and a really good sport about it, it was good to finally meet him.

Yeah I currently attend Tech and have finals in 3 days....and rather then cramming this weekend I went out and hammered around on the trails. Like I kept saying I will try anything once!!!! I can't wait till that video the guy was filming gets posted to the net cause I bet he has some cool stuff on it.

coachbarnes

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Franktown/Breck, CO
Yeah -- my daughter attends there also..that's why I was wondering why you were out jumpin' rocks since finals are this week! It's nice to know some things haven't changed since I was in school 25 yrs ago! I was usually muddin' in my '68 when I should have been hittin' the books! ;D

If she sees ya drivin' around in that thing, she'll be an easy date! She's got a keen eye for EB's -- so I hope she never sees ya! ;D

Go get 'em this week -- the rocks aren't goin' anywhere!

Take care -- Scott

BroncoJeep

You guys have a good group and a lot of really good people! Had a great time wheeling this weekend. My "Bronco" and I will be back again to help your next event at Katemcy in any way we can.

texashcane

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Argyle, TX
Carnage in Katemcy

Great time this weekend. Thanks to everyone for putting on a great event. Next year, I'll think twice about upgrading my trail rating on the second day. Check out these pictures from "Klunatic"' on Sunday. (That's me with the rubber side up)

OP
OP
tx1ton

tx1ton

Loc.
Boerne, TX
Going to repost one or two of those you sent me Stephen, your sizing was off so they don't enlarge well when clicked on... :p I'm also including one of my Tie Rod pretzel shots sent me by JT...Thanks man! ;D note the use of my winch to "readjust" the rock modified stock bar...time for something more stout!!

Attachments

• LEBC-Spring05 111.jpg
    LEBC-Spring05 111.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 70
  • LEBC-Spring05 124.jpg
    LEBC-Spring05 124.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 42
  • LEBC-Spring05 129.jpg
    LEBC-Spring05 129.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 61
  • Joes tie rod.jpg
    Joes tie rod.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 77
OP
OP
tx1ton

tx1ton

Loc.
Boerne, TX
And for the record - I gotta say Keith has got to get some sort of award for "takes a licking and keeps on rocking" - that's his Blue bronco with the bent rocker...that's AFTER replacing a destructed Warn axle (see my first post) and hose clamping his steering rag joint back together...my hat is off to ya' man, you kept at it and showed a lot of skill keeping the EB going forward!! :cool:

OP
OP
tx1ton

tx1ton

Loc.
Boerne, TX
Gummi Bear said:
Mine's orange.

So's mine...Gummi's is the one with the top still on it...mine's the one with the (awesome) Crab Cage.

Ok ok, yeah, it was a shameless pimp for Rob %) but it is a great cage - Rob even sent us a $150 off gift certificate to raffle off, what a great gesture, thanks Rob!! ;D

FerrumCampitor

Loc.
Hutchinson, MN
Can I get originals unresized?

This is Alex Brown (red bronco - black racing stripes, 4 core to 2 core radiator conversion ;D ) Can I get you guys with pics of me at the sand drags to email the originals to me at work? my email there is abrown@acad-plus.com. When I get my pics downloaded from my camera I'll post some teasers on here too.

TIA!