• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Lonestar Early Bronco Club Spring Roundup!!

Gummi Bear

Bronco Guru
tx1ton said:
Next time you also need to bungy the pacifier to the roll cage too Jason!! ;D :p

It's on the 'spare parts' list now! I'm thinking of something spring loaded,kinda like a janitor's key ring, whadda ya think? ;D

TexasBronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Waterford, MI
pooterpot said:
i saw twirpy??? bouncing around in the backseat on the obstacle where TexasBronco kept stalling. it waaas adorable!

you deserved those gears TexasBronco! i have it on video where you first attempted that obstacle and you were buckin. ill try to figure out how to saveit to my computer and post it

haha yeah if I didn't have a bum battery I would have just started it back up and try again...but in the end the dead batt and then the snapping of that axle made me return to camp early :'( but I tell you what I will be out there next year ALL weekend and take on some level 3 trails!! And coachbarnes I swear I am just about to start thinking about maybe getting around to studying!!!

roksmurf

Loc.
Russellville Ark.
Man! what a great event congrats to the Lonestar club and the guys who run the park, together thay put on a great event at a very unique location, as they say: ketemcy rocks!! I rolled mine on Saturday and dang near did a endo on the same trail, but rolled it back over and wheeled on!! couldnt miss the chance to wheel this place.. some one said that we Arkansas boys are suicideal (sp) me with my bronco, and my buddy Pat playing last man standing at the campfire, which he won finally at 5:00 am , we were up at 7:00 to wheel.. much to his dismay...for the rigs from Arkansas I can say it was well worth the 1400 mile round trip , and getting in at midnight Sunday night... I will be back in the not to distant future . thanks LEBC and the great crew at Kentemcy

Baja71

Bronco Guru
coachbarnes said:
dang it! looks like ya'll had a blast -- Next year The o'l girl will be ready...I can't say I'll have her smashin' boulders -- (think I'll hang out with the Stroppe!) But just seein' all those great trucks in one location and settlin' in for some bbq and cervesa is my kind of weekend! Well done! keep the pics flowin'.

Hey TexasBronco -- do you currently attend Tech?

My idea of a great weekend too. You can hang out with me and the Stroppe anytime....

SgtRock

Loc.
East Texas
Here's a few pics from the Roundup . . . Put it on your "dont miss next year" event planner if you didnt make it.

Craig
Mineola, TX
'74

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 52
  • 016.jpg
    016.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 55
  • 018.jpg
    018.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 60
  • 014.jpg
    014.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 75
  • 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 47
  • 012.jpg
    012.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 40
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 38
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 42

pooterpot

Loc.
Lumberton, Texas
more pics...

Attachments

• rally 006.jpg
    rally 006.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 25
  • rally 001.jpg
    rally 001.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 38
  • rally 002.jpg
    rally 002.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 54
  • rally 004.jpg
    rally 004.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 38
  • rally 010.jpg
    rally 010.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 31
  • rally 008.jpg
    rally 008.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 28
  • rally 007.jpg
    rally 007.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 27
  • rally 005.jpg
    rally 005.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 36
  • rally 012.jpg
    rally 012.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 36
  • rally 018.jpg
    rally 018.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 33
  • rally 022.jpg
    rally 022.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 27
  • rally 016.jpg
    rally 016.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 40

classic4x4s

Loc.
Zachary, LA
What a trip! Thanks to Paul, Lee and all the LEBC staff!!!! The park is cool and the people are great! We will make this trip again!!!

P.S.
Forgive me for posting a jeep pic...This is Shane one of the park guides...great wheeler, great guy!!! He does own an EB, but doesn't want to beat it up (anymore) on the trails. He'd rather bang up the jeep.

Thanks again guys!!!!!!

Attachments

• PIC00007.JPG
    PIC00007.JPG
    57.5 KB · Views: 27
  • PIC00008.JPG
    PIC00008.JPG
    55.9 KB · Views: 38
  • PIC00013.JPG
    PIC00013.JPG
    58.2 KB · Views: 36
  • PIC00016.JPG
    PIC00016.JPG
    57.2 KB · Views: 26
  • PIC00025.JPG
    PIC00025.JPG
    57.2 KB · Views: 24
  • PIC00019.JPG
    PIC00019.JPG
    56.9 KB · Views: 33
  • PIC00015.JPG
    PIC00015.JPG
    57.2 KB · Views: 45
  • PIC00003.JPG
    PIC00003.JPG
    61.2 KB · Views: 39

pooterpot

Loc.
Lumberton, Texas
anybody know how to get a clip from a video cassette to this site?

a few more...

Attachments

• rally 001.jpg
    rally 001.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 37
  • rally 002.jpg
    rally 002.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 34
  • rally 003.jpg
    rally 003.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 47

bigjhoov

nobody
This summer will be a full family cage, with suspension seats for everybody, including a twerp sized seat in the back with a 5 point harness. No more car seats on the trail.

I know a guy in Garland who custom builds cages. Give him a call if you are looking to have one built, he can do whatever you want.
Myk Willis, Myk Motorsports, 214-535-0568

Gummi Bear

Bronco Guru
bigjhoov said:
I know a guy in Garland who custom builds cages. Give him a call if you are looking to have one built, he can do whatever you want.
Myk Willis, Myk Motorsports, 214-535-0568

I didn't know that he built cages. He posts on another forum that I'm on from time to time.

I have someone here locally that I'll work with, we're gonna lay it out in CAD in the coming weeks, and start construction soon after. I'm gonna make a dummy cage out of conduit to see how things fit and clear beforehand.

Gummi Bear

Bronco Guru
bigjhoov said:
Texas4x4.org ??

A friend of mine that I hang out with. He's built a bunch of cages for Jeeps, and even a tube buggy for a friend/customer. This will be the guinea pig design for a Bronc. I have a bunch of design and styling cues that we're going to draw from in an effort to build a really awesome cage. It will be 1.5" DOM with 1" DOM for some of the gussets and grab handles. Some of the gussets will be plate steel. We're going to tie it in to the frame at each of the pillars also. I also am going to build some support brackets to keep my bedrails from separating anymore.

PaulC

Am glad everyone had an awesome time. I know us officers were busy busy but we had a blast and got to meet a whole bunch of high quality new folks (and got to see a bunch of low quality old faces. doh :) )

Lets all remember that we can get together more than just once each year. We will have 4wheel runs at different times thru the year, and then each Tex big-city can have informal BS gatherings. There will be a club sponsored organized run in the late summer / early fall, albeit probably smaller and less of an affair (phew) than this Spring roundup. And there's always whatever else the members want and ask for that can be considered.

I'll post some pics and writeups soon!

-Paul.

ginwisconson

PaulC said:
Am glad everyone had an awesome time. I know us officers were busy busy but we had a blast and got to meet a whole bunch of high quality new folks (and got to see a bunch of low quality old faces. doh :) )

Lets all remember that we can get together more than just once each year. We will have 4wheel runs at different times thru the year, and then each Tex big-city can have informal BS gatherings. There will be a club sponsored organized run in the late summer / early fall, albeit probably smaller and less of an affair (phew) than this Spring roundup. And there's always whatever else the members want and ask for that can be considered.

I'll post some pics and writeups soon!

-Paul.

Officer ?:?

Quality folks ?:?

Lets all remember ?:?

What a egotistical, thread killing, --- %)

Gummi Bear

Bronco Guru
ginwisconson said:

What prompted this? :eek: Pretty uncalled for...

I didn't hear one negative thing spoken all weekend long. And I was one of the first to arrive, and one of the last to leave. The officers really outdid themselves in organizing this event, and everything went smoothly. Everyone that came had a lot of fun, and was fun to be around.

You can keep your negativity to yourself. I'm guessing that you weren't in attendance. You should witness it for yourself before passing judgement.

Western Okie

Loc.
Leedey,Oklahoma
???????????????????

ginwisconson said:

I was just like ya Mr. Bear...Wasn`t sure if this was a joke or what.I was there and had the best time of my life and met some really cool people.And without all the great officers putting this together it never would of happened.We came down from Oklahoma and we will be back for sure.

murdock

Loc.
Anchorage, AK
It's got to be a lame joke. Paul is a great guy and went out of his way this weekend to make sure us guys with the little broncos made it through the trails all right.

I for one really appreciated his spotting and encouragement!

On a side note, anyone have the bands music stuck in their head? This morning I woke up with "Boom boom swagga swagga boom boom swagga boom boom booooom...." stuck in my head.

Cooter_76

murdock said:
Paul is a great guy and went out of his way this weekend to make sure us guys with the little broncos made it through the trails all right.

I'll second that. Paul offered help and tools to fix my carb issue. All the club officers and members I encountered were very patient and eager to help.

Must be a lame joke.

Hey Murdock, are you going to post the video showing why you're no longer a J**per?
;D